Data

Data

Data

SOLVED
ENBrown
I'm a Participant Level 1

Data

I have went over on my data apparently by 1.56 gb.     Now i have a plan and i alwaysbuse Wifi ... 

How much am i going to be charged... 

And how can I add onto my plan so that this never happens again... Its been happening alot but i never turn my data on i only use when i have wifi ... 

Please help... 

I believe I have the 60$ plan ... Comes with 750mb of data and I never used to have an issue now all of a sudden i do 

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Data

Solved by Moderator

Hi @ENBrown!

The data overage rate will depend on the type of plan that you have. Let me send you a PM to check it out. 

FYI, you can always add a onetime data top-up while you are still within your usage limit. Details here.

Editing to add that you can now check your overage rate from My Account on Fido.ca.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
redzzzz
I'm a Contributor Level 2

If you are noticing your data consumption has had unexplained consumption ( heavy random spikes of activity or seems out of ordinary ) you need to check your device settings ..... IPHONE especially.   

Make sure “wifi assist “ ( settings/cellular data/wifi assist disable —- it’s enabled by default , must be manually disabled) And also disable App Store “updates” ( settings/iTunes and App Store/use cellular data /disable ) its enabled by default 

those are are usually the two settings that cause alot of data issues ( resulting in unexpected overage charges for iPhone users ) 

FidoFaiza

Hi @ENBrown!

The data overage rate will depend on the type of plan that you have. Let me send you a PM to check it out. 

FYI, you can always add a onetime data top-up while you are still within your usage limit. Details here.

Editing to add that you can now check your overage rate from My Account on Fido.ca.