Data usage while waiting for bonus 5 GB to show up

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Data usage while waiting for bonus 5 GB to show up

I may have missed this answer in another thread since there are so many at this moment re: 10gb Holideal ..

I understand that only 5gb shows up for the moment (for those who were able to do self-serve) and the bonus may take 2-3 cycles; however, what happens in the meantime? Are we able to use the full 10gb until it shows up or are we only allowed up to 5gb and anything over is considered an overage? Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Data usage while waiting for bonus 5 GB to show up

Hi @Bonn, @Paolo is right. Until the 5 GB bonus is added, you'll only have access to 5 GB.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 16
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Cccccccccc,

The bonus is automatically added within 2-3 billing cycles for anyone who activated the plan through our self-serve on Fido.ca. 

What exactly is your issue? I'll be more than happy to help. Let me know. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 16
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

My issue is that I signed up online on my own cause it was impossible to get any customer service.  I had 10GB before and when I changed my plan it became 5GB and now for the month of December I exceeded 5GB because nobody said anything about 2-3 month wait.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 16
Highlighted

What if you had a representative make the changes to your account and it still shows only 5GB of usage?

What is the protocol for this? As it seems to go against everything that's been stated in this thread.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 16
Highlighted

I am having the same issue as @Cccccccccc, would like to know if I call into Fido. Cann they add then pending 5GB? No where did it say on the promotion we had to wait 2-3 billing cycles for the 5GB to be added. Please let me know? Thanks. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 16
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

@springz wrote:

I am having the same issue as @Cccccccccc, would like to know if I call into Fido. Cann they add then pending 5GB? No where did it say on the promotion we had to wait 2-3 billing cycles for the 5GB to be added. Please let me know? Thanks. 

Hi,  I'm pretty sure that when I tried to change my plan on the Fido website I saw that if you pick the 5gb plan with the 5gb bonus, the bonus would take a couple of cycles to be added. It will be added, but as you are finding out, not for a few months. I read the entire page before hitting accept. Perhaps I waited a bit too long making up my mind, because I couldn't get the change to go through. I then tried one of the other contact methods until I was successfull. 

If you liked my answer or I solved your problem please click like or solved.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 16
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

At this time it is not possible to add the bonus manually, it would be added automatically within 1-3 cycles. 

Should there be a problem with your invoice when it comes out, feel free to reach out, we'll be happy to check it out. 

Until the bonus is added, there would be a total of 5 GB available to use. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 16