Data top-up

Data top-up

Data top-up

SOLVED
Gie1
I'm a Participant Level 2

Data top-up

Hi I got a text saying that I have used 90% of my data then it suggested to use data top-up or standard data overage rates will apply. I chose 1 Gb which is $15. Then I got another text that 1 Gb has been added. I got an email afterwards that my account has been changed because of the added data and the monthly fee is $15. I've checked my account right away to check if this is only for this month because I don't want to have an extra data after this month, it only says it's one time fee so I'm not sure if that's the answer I am looking for. Another thing, I've checked my acccount and it says there my overage charge for data is only $10/1 GB which is much cheaper than than the top-up. How come it wasn't included in the text message for the top-up that the overage charge is only $10?

Accepted Solution

Re: Data top-up

Solved by MVP MVP

@Gie1 Welcome to the community!

The data top-up charge is a one time fee and you will only be billed once.

Data overage charges can vary depending on the plan and when you got it, obviously your data overage charge on your plan is cheaper than the new data top-up addon. Fido will let you know when you are at 90% of your usage and give you the option of adding more data but they will not let you know the charges for overage based on your plan its up to you to know the details of your plan when choosing addons and extra features.

Next time you can just ignore to add the data top-up and just continue to use your phone and you will be billed according the the overage fee set out in your plan up to $50 and $100 for roaming as set by the CRTC here.

View solution in context
8 REPLIES 8
Amandeep21
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hey i was in trouble with my data.i want to extend my data i tried to call the customer care but no one pick up the call. I was chargerd for the over use of data so please help me for extended my data. 

My work is based on data so i am in trouble olz help me out as soon as possible.

Hey @Amandeep21!

Welcome to the community Smiley 

I moved your post here since we already had a thread about this. 

Since you're already over your data limit, data top-ups are not available. You can top up at any time during your cycle, before you reach your data limit, by texting DATA to 222.

Right now, you're being billed the at the over usage rate included in your plan. If this isn't the first time you go over, it might be best to switch to a plan with more data Smiley 

For more information about your over usage rate or finding another plan, don't hesitate to reach out to us here. We can also help you right here on the community by sending you a PM. 

Let me know!

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Gie1 Welcome to the community!

The data top-up charge is a one time fee and you will only be billed once.

Data overage charges can vary depending on the plan and when you got it, obviously your data overage charge on your plan is cheaper than the new data top-up addon. Fido will let you know when you are at 90% of your usage and give you the option of adding more data but they will not let you know the charges for overage based on your plan its up to you to know the details of your plan when choosing addons and extra features.

Next time you can just ignore to add the data top-up and just continue to use your phone and you will be billed according the the overage fee set out in your plan up to $50 and $100 for roaming as set by the CRTC here.

FidoKenny

Hey @Gie1 and welcome to the Community.

When you reach 90% of your data usage, we do send you a notification to let you know that you are close to your limit.

Concerning your top-up and your overage charges, we would need to take a look at your account.

You have the option to contact us through our other channels here

We can send you a PM here as well on the Community to get this looked into. 

Let me know what would be best for you Smiley 

Gie1

I had a chat on one the of the support. She told me I can't cancel the top up already. The text is just misleading because it's for all Fido customers. It should varies depending on which plan you have. She told I should have check the overage fee on my account on fido. Well I dont use a browser, I just go into my Fido app. The app never shows about overage usage. That's where I go to chage my data usage. But that's okay, I will never subscribe to anything else on Fido. I'm just disappointed that overage fee is much cheaper.   

Hey @Gie1

Sorry to see this happened.

If you need us to go over your account, don't hesitate to let us know.

We will simply send you a PM here on the Community.

Gie1

Yes I would like that. Please send me a PM. Thanks.

Great Smiley 

Talk to you soon !!