Data top-up one time or recurring?

SOLVED
fredmc
I'm a Participant Level 1

I just topped up my data using my phone. I have assumed that the top up will only apply to the current usage cycle and that my plan will automatically revert to the original plan on the next cycle

Accepted Solution

Re: Data top-up one time or recurring?

Solved by MVP MVP

Hello @fredmc Welcome to the community!

The data top-up only last for the remainder of your billing cycle. 

You can get more info if needed here.

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @fredmc Welcome to the community!

The data top-up only last for the remainder of your billing cycle. 

You can get more info if needed here.

mark2000
I'm a Contributor Level 2

It sais you can add up to 10 data top ups a month. Does this apply to both recurring and single-use top ups, or just single-use?

for example, if I add the 3 gig/$30 recurring, and I get to the end of the 3 gig before my billing cycle is over, can I add another 3 gig recurring, during that cycle, or can I only add single-use top ups after that?

please Let me know fast bc I’m almost out of data!

Hey @mark2000

You can add the 3 GB data top-up option up to 3 times during your cycle! 

Hope this helps. 

mark2000

Thank you. If you add the recurring and then cancel it before the end of your current billing cycle, does it still keep the amount of data you paid for thru to the end of the current billing cycle?

for example, if I add the 3 GB and then cancel it 2 days later to prevent the recurrence on my next cycle, is the extra 3 GB still availble to me for my current billing cycle? 

Yep!

When you cancel the recurring Monthly Data Top-Up it will be removed at the start of your next billing cycle. You would have access to the extra data from youe Monthly Data Top-Up until the end of the current billing cycle.

mark2000

Oh boy.

i made a mistake in the add of this feature, it seems. I added it and then got a message saying that the data add on was pending approval. “Hi, it's Fido: Thanks for choosing one of our Data Top-Ups. We're on it and will let you know as soon as you're good to go.”

So after waiting a bit, I received no approval, so I added the feature again. Then I got two messages saying i got two 3 GB sets of data approved Sad I didn’t know we had to wait for an approval after submitting the request and I was worried I was going to go over my limit which is why I submitted it twice (in case the first one didn’t go thru)

is there any way to get the extra 3 GB removed and the $30 refunded? I think Fido should have explained on the top up FAQ page that the add-on isn’t instant, but that you have to wait till they let you know it’s ok’d.  

Hey @mark2000!

Removing the top-up is as easy as texting the word CANCEL to the number 222. It will be removed as of the next cycle (you will have to do it twice, as you have 2 top-ups)

Have you already done that to remove it? 

In terms of the fee, it's unfortunately not refundable but you do have the additional data to use.

I hope this info helps out!