Data overuse

I'm a Participant Level 1 dactyl
I'm a Participant Level 1

Data overuse

If I have a 1GB plan, and went over by 274 mb.... how much extra am I going to be charged?

I can't find anything that tells me how much per mb is charged when I go over whats on my plan.

Accepted Solution

Re: Data overuse

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add an update since I came across it. If you have any doubt on your data over usage charges, best thing to do would be to contact us via Twitter, Facebook or by clicking here. Basically this is because all plans are different and have different over usage fees. (i.e.: the actual Standard 40$ plan is charged at 5$ per additional 100MB while a 6 GB of data from 2011 would be charged 0.05$ per mb)

Hope it helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
I'm a Participant Level 2 andreawitzke
I'm a Participant Level 2

Last year I went over by 82mg and it cost me 38 bucks so watch your back their reporting tool is hardly ever correct.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
I'm a Participant Level 2 spiraloutxx

Hey, I have a 500mb plan and I went over. I phoned them to find out costs and they said $0.05/mb.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
I'm a Participant Level 2 Preferscats

Well I went 'over' w/o even doing what I was told to avoid! (downloads, games, films etc). I was told & the staff member at the store downloaded 'taskkiller' for me, stating this would ensure I did not have any net **bleep** on my phone which would slow down my phone. Now I wonder if this is why I went 'over' ?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Fido Employee Tru
Fido Employee
Solution

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add an update since I came across it. If you have any doubt on your data over usage charges, best thing to do would be to contact us via Twitter, Facebook or by clicking here. Basically this is because all plans are different and have different over usage fees. (i.e.: the actual Standard 40$ plan is charged at 5$ per additional 100MB while a 6 GB of data from 2011 would be charged 0.05$ per mb)

Hope it helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5