Data overages, bill of $1189! Mifi not what it was advertised.

phanthomz
I'm a Contributor Level 1

WOW, I am not sure what else to say really. We have been with Fido for 10 years and in the last 6 months have been seriously debating changing carriers.  The Customer service use to be fantastic, however lately it has been the pola opposite.  My husband started working on site for some of his contracts, he was going over on data so I called to see about adding data or another solution. I was told that the Mifi (hotspot) woud be a great solution and that it was based on incremental billing. This is NOT the case....it comes with a 3 gig plan apparenlty and everythin esle is overages!!!!!! Rogers has plans for it with much more data, and it was sent by Rogers, but at Fido there is no option for additional data whatsoever, who uses only 3 gigs on a hotspot WTF!!!  No data can be proactively added as there is no texting capabilities. I'm sorry but this is ridiculous, and customer service was not helpful in the least, yet another dissapointment. I do think that this is it for us 😞   Anyone else have this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
FidoValeska
Former Moderator

Hey @phanthomz

Thanks for reaching out Smiley 

I can understand your concern regarding the invoice. 

I would like to have more information regarding this. To do so, I would need to access your account. 

Since we do not want to disclose personal information publicly, I will be sending you a PM to look into this together. 

Talk to you soon! 

phanthomz
I'm a Contributor Level 1

that sounds great I will keep an eye out for your email. Thanks

Perfect! Talk to you soon Smiley