Data overage

Data overage

Data overage

SOLVED
ssoni
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Data overage

I have been charged for data overage on my phone. Is there any way Fido can set my account that it stops data transfer once it reaches limit set on my plan?

Accepted Solution

Re: Data overage

Solved by Moderator

Hi @ssoni

We send you text message notifications when you have used 90% and 100% of your data. Following that, we block your data usage once you have incurred $50 in overage fee. Once blocked, you have to give your authorization to continue using the data. 

Keep in mind that you have several ways to stay on top of your unbilled usage. Tracking your usage allows you to manage it better and you could stop using the data (or block it from your end) once you have reached your limit. 

I hope this helps. 

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoFaiza

Hi @ssoni

We send you text message notifications when you have used 90% and 100% of your data. Following that, we block your data usage once you have incurred $50 in overage fee. Once blocked, you have to give your authorization to continue using the data. 

Keep in mind that you have several ways to stay on top of your unbilled usage. Tracking your usage allows you to manage it better and you could stop using the data (or block it from your end) once you have reached your limit. 

I hope this helps. 

ros115
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello FidoFaiza,

I am apparently over my data limit and have gotten the text message to say I have incurred the $50 overage fee. However, I never got a text message notification to tell me that I have used 90% and 100% of my data. How would I have known that I have already reached my limit when I never even gotten a text message that I've already used up 90% of my data? 

Hey @rost115,

Sorry to learn that you didn't receive the text message notification.

It's important to keep in mind that those notifications are sent for informative purposes only and that it's important that you check your un-billed usage through one of those methods to avoid going over. You can access those self serve tools at anytime to stay on top of your usage and avoid over usage charges.

This being said, I'll send you a PM to take a closer look at your account. 

We'll talk soon!