Data overage charges

Data overage charges

Data overage charges

SOLVED
cmuirhead1
I'm a Participant Level 2

Data overage charges

Has anyone had issues where they have data overage charges because Fido says I am having random updates happening after midnight when my wifi/internet are off.  I don't understand as I have wifi 24/7...and why all of a sudden I am having random updates without my permission on my phone after midnight causing me to use double my data...???

Any help is appreciated.  I have a Sumsung S5.

Accepted Solution

Re: Data overage charges

Solved by Moderator

Hey @cmuirhead1,

Welcome to our Community Smiley

Data overages are never fun so I totally get where you're coming from!

It's important to note that there can be a delay of up to 12 hours before any data transactions are updated on our side. Also, certain apps can update in the background whether you're on WiFi or not and this, at any time. 

Is the "Smart Network Switch" feature enabled on your device? If that's the case and your WiFi connexion is too weak, it'll switch you to 3G/LTE automatically.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoClaudia

Hey @cmuirhead1,

Welcome to our Community Smiley

Data overages are never fun so I totally get where you're coming from!

It's important to note that there can be a delay of up to 12 hours before any data transactions are updated on our side. Also, certain apps can update in the background whether you're on WiFi or not and this, at any time. 

Is the "Smart Network Switch" feature enabled on your device? If that's the case and your WiFi connexion is too weak, it'll switch you to 3G/LTE automatically.

cmuirhead1
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi Claudia,

Thank you for your reply.  So are you saying if I turn off my 'Smart Network Switch' then I shouldn't run into these automatic update problems?  I did have it turned on, btw.

Thanks,

Cheryl

That's right, @cmuirhead1 Smiley Turning it off  should make a difference.