Data over usage

Service interruption

We sincerely apologize to our customers. Especially during these times, we know connectivity is critical and are working hard to restore services for customers who continue to experience wireless interruptions. Residential wireline internet services are not impacted. We will continue to provide updates. Please follow this thread for updates.

Data over usage

Data over usage

SOLVED
siruskhazeni
I'm a Participant Level 2

Data over usage

hi
i wonna know why i have charged 10$ for utlisation additionnelle
because i had limeted my phone till 2 Go.
i am so angry.
and it is not fear that fido chrges me 10$ for 34 Mo.
i am not satisfied from fido

Accepted Solution

Re: Data over usage

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @siruskhazeni & welcome to the Community! Smiley

As specified with most data trackers pre-installed in phones, the way your phone calculates your usage and the way the provider calculates the usage may differ. In addition, you'd need to be sure that you entered the right billing cycle dates.

That being said, we provide tools for you to monitor your usage, such as the My Account app and the usage tracker on Fido.ca. You can also dial *3337 from your Fido phone to get info on your usage.

If you have any other questions, let me know. Wink

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello SirusKhazeni,

Welcome to the community!

In addition to what FidoMaria mentioned above, if your monthly plan consists of 2Gb, you might consider setting your limit slightly below that amount to give yourself a little buffer. Once you reach that limit, you can still use the full amount, but you can do so more carefully.

You should also check with you phone's manual to see whether it sets a hard or soft limit. That is, does it stop data competely once the limit is reached or does it just notify you?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @siruskhazeni & welcome to the Community! Smiley

As specified with most data trackers pre-installed in phones, the way your phone calculates your usage and the way the provider calculates the usage may differ. In addition, you'd need to be sure that you entered the right billing cycle dates.

That being said, we provide tools for you to monitor your usage, such as the My Account app and the usage tracker on Fido.ca. You can also dial *3337 from your Fido phone to get info on your usage.

If you have any other questions, let me know. Wink