Data not working with Blackberry 9900.

SOLVED
ajii
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hey, i grabbed the $40 all-in-one plan which includes 250MB of data, but for some reason its not working for me. If anyone could help me, i would appriciate it. The 9900 is a unlocked bell phone.

I called fido twice, they had me waiting over 30 mins everytime, they told me they were going to transfer me to the tech deparment and just end up cutting the line on me, I don't know whats up with that..

Accepted Solution

Re: Data not working with Blackberry 9900.

Solved by Community Manager

Hey ajil!

Welcome to the forum!

Did you specify with the representative that you were using a BlackBerry when they set up your plan? There is a specific version of the plan provisioned for BlackBerry phones (BIS). If you are sure that you have the correct plan, can you let us know what happens when you try to connect? Do you see 3G, EDGE, edge, GSM?

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
LucidEvening
I'm Qualified Level 1

Since it was an unlocked phone that you decided to use with Fido, it is possible that something could have gone wrong at Fido (would be possible if the phone came from somewhere else). I would definitely try going to another Fido store to sort this out in person.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB
Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

they already explained what happened, when they setup the data plan, they used the smartphone soc code, not the blackberry soc code, thus blackberry data will not work, u need a blackberry data plan when using a blackberry device, period.
lever

Same with my bb 9700. The store put the sim in for me and told me to restart my phone in an hour or so. Ive been pulling the battery every hour for 7 hours and still no data. Phone works and shows fido 3g at the top of the screen.

comm
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I would like to know too.

I do know others were able to get this all in one plan to work on Blackberry (including email and BBM).

lever

Fido just told me that my phone was defective and that was it. So, i took it to koodo and had it working before i left the store. BUT, koodo couldnt put my bb on their cheap plan either. Its android only for the data. Im convinced that this is what the fido store did, sold me a plan that was android only for the data portion and then told me my phone was defective when it didnt work. The state of rim these days means that reps have very little knowledge of bis now. Kudos to koodo for at least spending the time to figure it out for me. 

FidoStephen
Community Manager

Hey lever,

Your plan can easily be updated to work with a BlackBerry if it was accidentally set up for an Android / iPhone. Contact us to see! You can customer service by dialling 611 from your Fido phone (free call) or 1-888-481-3436 from any other phone. You can also send us an email from the contact us page.

FidoStephen
Community Manager

Hey ajil!

Welcome to the forum!

Did you specify with the representative that you were using a BlackBerry when they set up your plan? There is a specific version of the plan provisioned for BlackBerry phones (BIS). If you are sure that you have the correct plan, can you let us know what happens when you try to connect? Do you see 3G, EDGE, edge, GSM?