Data not working on LG G4

SOLVED
Belinda_95
I'm a Participant Level 1

I recently switched from Wind to Fido and my plan for Fido includes 500mb data per month, but when I turn on my mobile data nothing appears (there is no 4G icon at the top of my phone, which I had before when using Wind). I tried to restart the phone and turn on and off the mobile data, but nothing can get the data to work. Someone please help me I really need data :'( 

Accepted Solution

Re: Data not working on LG G4

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@Belinda_95 wrote:

I recently switched from Wind to Fido and my plan for Fido includes 500mb data per month, but when I turn on my mobile data nothing appears (there is no 4G icon at the top of my phone, which I had before when using Wind). I tried to restart the phone and turn on and off the mobile data, but nothing can get the data to work. Someone please help me I really need data :'( 

Hello Belinda_95m

Welcome to the forums!

I'm assuming that you brought your phone over from Wind. Is it unlocked? I think Wind's version of the LG G4 is the same Canadian version (H812) as the one Fido/Rogers offers so it should have all of the compatible bands/frequencies.

**edit** I understand that the LTE band/frequencies are not listed on the Wind website, however, it is likely they intentionally neglected to list them since their LTE network is not yet up and running.

Please correct me if Wind is using a different version.

Have you verified that you're using the proper APN? You can verify those settings here under 'How to configure an Android device'. Since it is a LTE device, it should be using the single ltemobile.apn

Also have you verified you have a LTE SIM? I would think all SIMs these days are LTE capable, but it might still be worth checking out if you're having issues.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Belinda_95 wrote:

Hello Belinda_95m

Welcome to the forums!

I'm assuming that you brought your phone over from Wind. Is it unlocked? I think Wind's version of the LG G4 is the same Canadian version (H812) as the one Fido/Rogers offers so it should have all of the compatible bands/frequencies.

**edit** I understand that the LTE band/frequencies are not listed on the Wind website, however, it is likely they intentionally neglected to list them since their LTE network is not yet up and running.

Please correct me if Wind is using a different version.

Have you verified that you're using the proper APN? You can verify those settings here under 'How to configure an Android device'. Since it is a LTE device, it should be using the single ltemobile.apn

Also have you verified you have a LTE SIM? I would think all SIMs these days are LTE capable, but it might still be worth checking out if you're having issues.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers