Data and network problem with Huawei Honor7

SOLVED
JoyTan
I'm a Participant Level 2

I brought a Huawei Honer7 from China, but I could not use my data at all. The network frequency of my phone is:

Card 1:TDD-LTE:B38/B39/B40/B41(2555MHz~2655MHz);FDD-LTE:B1/B3 ;TD-SCDMA:B34/B39;WCDMA:850/900/1900/2100MHz;CDMA 800MHz 1X&EVDO;GSM:850/900/1800/1900MHz;Card 2:GSM:900/1800/1900MHz;CDMA:800MHz 1X&EVDO

I think the WCDMA and GSM match the network frequency of fido. So I want to know why I could not use data. Do I need to set the APN? If so, how?

Appreciated for any help.

Accepted Solution

Re: Data and network problem with Huawei Honor7

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@JoyTan wrote:

I brought a Huawei Honer7 from China, but I could not use my data at all. The network frequency of my phone is:

Card 1:TDD-LTE:B38/B39/B40/B41(2555MHz~2655MHz);FDD-LTE:B1/B3 ;TD-SCDMA:B34/B39;WCDMA:850/900/1900/2100MHz;CDMA 800MHz 1X&EVDO;GSM:850/900/1800/1900MHz;Card 2:GSM:900/1800/1900MHz;CDMA:800MHz 1X&EVDO

I think the WCDMA and GSM match the network frequency of fido. So I want to know why I could not use data. Do I need to set the APN? If so, how?

Hello JoyTan,

Welcome to the forums!

I believe you are correct. Judging by those specifications, that phone should be compatible with all of the GSM and WCDMA frequencies/bands. You should be able to access data via the 2G and '3G' networks. There are no compatible LTE frequencies/bands.

You may have to manually set the APN. I refer you here under 'How to configure an Android device' for the proper APN settings. Since you will not be able to access the LTE network, I think you should have the two APNs, one for internet and the other for MMS. You can also check here for additional help with those settings.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
8 REPLIES 8
JoyTan

Thank you so much for your help!

Yes, it helps me to be able to use data on my Huawei. But there is an unsolved problem, I can't send an international text to my friend who is in China. I've tried all the MMS settings that I could find, but they are not working.

FidoMatt
Former Moderator

Hi Joytan, 

There was this conversation in July about exactly this. There are a few things you can try to test the phone. You can just click here

DavidMTL

Hi !

Could yu please confirm if the Honor 7 is full compatible with Fido in Quebec (voice and data) ?

All my best,
David

@DavidMTL wrote:

Hi !

Could yu please confirm if the Honor 7 is full compatible with Fido in Quebec (voice and data) ?

All my best,
David

Hello DavidMTL,

Welcome to the forums!

While it is possible that there are different versions of the Huawei Honor 7, judging by specifications provided by the OP and those here, I will confirm what I previously mentioned above. That phone would have all of the bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'. However, that phone does not have any of the compatible bands for LTE. You can verify the compatible bands here.

So no, that phone is not fully compatible with Fido. However, that phone should have no issues accessing the 2G and '3G' networks for voice and data providing it is unlocked.

If you know of a different version of that phone with different bands/frequencies, please provide the version and bands/frequencies to determine whether that version would be compatible.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

**edited for typos**  Eyes_Shut

DavidMTL

Thank you for your help !

What I don't understand is that the specs said:

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/160834da

LTE 1800 and LTE 2100

And is not that FIDO ask ?

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/thread-id/24110

All my best,
David

@DavidMTL wrote:

Thank you for your help !

What I don't understand is that the specs said:

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/160834da

LTE 1800 and LTE 2100

And is not that FIDO ask ?

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/thread-id/24110

All my best,
David

Hello again,

I can understand the confusion.

As stated in that second link, the Fido/Rogers LTE network uses band 4 (1700/2100MHz), band 7 (2600MHz), and band 17 (700MHz). On the other hand, the 2100MHz stated in the phone's specifications refers to band 1 and is not compatible with band 4.

Also, the 2600MHz on band 38 is not compatible with band 7.

LTE 1800MHz is not listed as a Fido/Rogers frequency.

I have previously explained bands and frequencies in earlier posts. Rather than rehash it all again here, please feel free to peruse some of those posts for more detail. If you have any further questions I'll do my best to answer them.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey DavidMTL and welcome to the Community.

@Community: Anyone can assist with this?

Cawtau
Senior MVP

@JoyTan wrote:

Hello JoyTan,

Welcome to the forums!

I believe you are correct. Judging by those specifications, that phone should be compatible with all of the GSM and WCDMA frequencies/bands. You should be able to access data via the 2G and '3G' networks. There are no compatible LTE frequencies/bands.

You may have to manually set the APN. I refer you here under 'How to configure an Android device' for the proper APN settings. Since you will not be able to access the LTE network, I think you should have the two APNs, one for internet and the other for MMS. You can also check here for additional help with those settings.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers