Data Useage over 2gb

Data Useage over 2gb

Data Useage over 2gb

SOLVED
Rama
I'm a Participant Level 1

Data Useage over 2gb

HI,

I am on a $56 plan which has unlimited calling and 2GB of data,  and today I have noticed that I am over 10MB (Ten MB), Just wondering how much i have pay for this over useage... 

Btw my next billing cycle is in 3 more days so I just turned off my data. 

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solution

Re: Data Useage over 2gb

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 3

No, once you go over your allotted 2GB, you are automatically bump to 3GB allowance and then charged an extra $10 on top of your monthly plan. So, whether you go over your plan by 10MB or 800MB you are charged the same $10 for an extra 1GB.

View solution in context
8 REPLIES 8
Cheung5

My plan just 1 GB,but i use over about 460MB, then i want to know the bill is?

Welcome to the community @Cheung5! Smiley

The over usage rate will vary depending on the plan you have. I'll send you a PM so we can check out your account. 

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Just a 100% sure but I believe if you go over your 2GB allowance, every additional 1GB is extra $10. Fido hasn't had per KB or per MB overage charges in quite some time.

nick67 is correct. The over usage rate for the $56 Smart plan is indeed $10 per GB over.

suzyy

So I have the standard $25 plan and I added on 2GB of data. I am over my usage by 78MB.

Does that mean another 1GB of data has been added on and I'm charged $10? My billing cycle ends in 3 days. Would the remainder of that data be carried onto the next billing cycle?
Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

You have a 2GB add on data option, your overage charges might be different.

Regardless, unused overage data are not carried over to the next billing cycle.
AlexT514
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Are you saying that if we go 0.99GB over our limit, there won't be any overage?
nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

No, once you go over your allotted 2GB, you are automatically bump to 3GB allowance and then charged an extra $10 on top of your monthly plan. So, whether you go over your plan by 10MB or 800MB you are charged the same $10 for an extra 1GB.