Data Top-up Never Come Off!

Yvjan
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi,

I added a data top-up a few months ago, and sent CANCEL to 222 as what they said to cancel the top-up going forward. However it never succeeed. I contacted Fido 3, 4 times already for this issue, and everytime the representative would tell me it has been successfully removed now, don't worry. But I have been constantly charged for the Data Top-up! Last time they gave me a credit amount to my account just so I don't have to pay the charge for the top-up. It seems nobody knows how to solve this issue properly, now I need to contact Fido every month asking for the credit to overcome the charge? Or even a refund, if it is already charged through my credit card!

I have seen so many customers reporting the same issue on the forum, this truely upsets me, I feel like being tricked by Fido. Fido should acknowledge this issue, whether it is technical or something else, be honest to their customers, so at least we know it won't come off, so NOT to add a top-up to our plan if that's not what we want.

I have been using Fido for 4 years now, definitely don't like the feeling of being fooled like this! Will not consider using Fido again if they keep ignoring this issue! 

5 REPLIES 5
hlkoo
I'm a Participant Level 1

This has happened to me as well! I was so pissed. I might be even cancelling fido.

Hey @hikoo, 

Welcome to the Community!

That's definitely odd! Texting CANCEL to 222 usually removes the recurring data top-ups. You just need to make sure to follow the prompts till the end. This usually sets the recurring data top-up to expire on the last day of your ongoing billing cycle.

If you have more than one top-up, simply repeat this process as many times.

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at that together Smiley

Yvjan
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi hlkoo,

Keep bugging the custom representitives via either phone or online chat. My account is now back to normal, after 3 months' "fight" and asking for credit/refund with fido, it seems the system has finally picked up the "cancel" request.

Vanshajdua11
I'm a Participant Level 1

Same happened with me

Hey @Yvjan, @Vanshajdua11

This doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want for any of our customers!

In situations like these it would be best to speak with our customer support team through one of these channels here

We can also help take a look into this for you, I'll send you each a PM so we can check out the account details together!