Data Top-Ups Not Working

Data Top-Ups Not Working

Data Top-Ups Not Working

SOLVED
Joanned123
I'm a Participant Level 2

Data Top-Ups Not Working

I'm so frustrated with the online top up process. I'm a new prepaid customer and this was my first time topping up my $45 plan. Today was the due date. I literally tried at least 20 times on my account and I was able to complete my purchase through interac. Then when I tried to use my credit card, it said oops it hit a "snag". I proceeded to do this twice and same thing it hit a snag. Then I look at my bank account as I used my visa debit and apparently I've been charged twice for $45 each time and there's nothing in my fido account. I didn't even get a text or email confirmation that the top up was successful. I only wanred to top up $45 not $45. If I had received some sort of confirmation that my first top up was successful then I wouldnt have ttied and susequently get charge again. I want a refund. I thought this was supposed to be an easy process. $90 was added to my account then how come my balance is still $2.76???????
Accepted Solution

Re: Data Top-Ups Not Working

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

We replied to your last PM @Joanned123

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
Joanned123

So now it's been 4 business days. I filed a disputed charge with my bank and they said it takes up to 30 days to investigate. I was informed by my bank that the two transactions of $45 each which I have reference numbers for was paid to the merchant. Why is it that I call Fido and nobody can tell me what happened to this money? You're saying that you can't track money that I have reference numbers for? It doesn't mysteriously disappear. I appreciate the agent I spoke to on Sunday who out of courtesy topped up my account. However I'm still upset that nobody can tell me where my money is. I want a refund and it's not my bank's responsibility to fix this mistake.

We replied to your last PM @Joanned123

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey Joanne123 , 

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community Smiley

I understand how frustrating this could be, we'll sort it out together.

I'll send a PM your way to have this looked into. 

Joanned123

Thank you I appreciate you looking into this matter.