Data Top-Ups Not Working

Data Top-Ups Not Working

Data Top-Ups Not Working

SOLVED
zero383
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Data Top-Ups Not Working

I've used almost 95% of my data this month (376 of 400MB) and I still have not received the text message to top-up my data. So what do I do now? There doesn't seem to be any other way to top up.

Accepted Solution

Re: Data Top-Ups Not Working

Solved by Moderator

Hi everyone,

Let me take a moment to update this thread since things have changed a bit. 

It's now possible to add a data top-up without having to wait til you reach 90%. Simply send a text saying "Data" to 222 and you will get a text message with instructions explaining the top up options and how to add it.

Details here

Sweet, right? 

View solution in context
13 REPLIES 13
FidoFaiza

Hi everyone,

Let me take a moment to update this thread since things have changed a bit. 

It's now possible to add a data top-up without having to wait til you reach 90%. Simply send a text saying "Data" to 222 and you will get a text message with instructions explaining the top up options and how to add it.

Details here

Sweet, right? 

FidoPierre

Hey @zero383

The data top-ups can only be added through our self-serve option once you receive the notification that you've reached 90% of your data for the current cycle. If your plan is compatible you should have already received this message. 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at your account and get to the bottom of this together. Smiley 

lindam
I'm Helpful Level 2

My son would like to take advantage of this, but he doesn't receive any texts when his data gets low. He has had the same plan for 2 years....no changes. What does he have to do to be able to take advantage of this and give Fido more $?
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

@lindam it will not work in the following conditions if you have a data plan with:

• Flexible rate data - example:
    • $22 per month for 100 MB
    • $37 per month up to 500 MB
    • $52 per month up to 2GB
    • $72 per month up to 5GB
  • Variable overage data  - example:
    • First 60 MB is $0.50/MB, then $0.03/MB
  • Bonus data on the plan offered as a gift.

If you don't have this and still didn't get the text. Let us know so we send you a PM. Smiley

lindam
I'm Helpful Level 2

Lol....I have no idea if any of that pertains to him.  I'll have to look at my account and see if it says.   Thanks for the reply Smiley

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

I'll send you a PM now so we can look at your account together. Smiley

lindam
I'm Helpful Level 2

Tried to reply, but got an error message saying there was no message to reply to? I am on my phone, so I will try on a computer tomorrow. 😊
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

That's odd. You can also reach us here if you need immediate help. Smiley

lindam
I'm Helpful Level 2

I just tried to send from your profile and got the same message 😕

I'll try on a computer tomorrow. It's not an emergency 😊
lindam
I'm Helpful Level 2

Thanks to the mods who helped me figure this out.

Now the bad news.....

Turns out you must have a plan that includes Data Tracker. My son's plan is two years old. In order for him to have the luxury of a top up text, he would need a new plan. Can you say chaching?

This seems ridiculous that this option isn't available to ALL Fido subscribers. Once again, $ trumps loyalty. Very disappointed, kids. I'm up for renewal and so is my son next month. Before any mods offer to upgrade him to a plan that includes the top up text service...don't. I'm weary of only being offered perks if I spend more.

*le sigh*

Hey lindam!

Each plans has it's own advantages. Smiley In your case you have a less expensive plan.

You can reply to our PM if you want to know the overage rate on your son's current plan. 

lindam
I'm Helpful Level 2

I don't see that it says he has any of that.  He has the $39 plan with 600MB data/month.

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Feel free to reply to our PM so we can look into this for you. Smiley