Data Service Not Available on LG G3 when data is turned on

I'm a Contributor Level 1 BigFella1959
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Data Service Not Available on LG G3 when data is turned on

For the past few days I have been having a problem when I picture text. My LG G3 states 'No Data Service Available' when my data is definitely turned on. The picture texts don't go anywhere and I have to delete them so I am not trying to send them time and time again. The problem seems to have started when I last installed the latest Version 6 Android update. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what can I do to rectify the problem. Thanks in advance for any information or suggestions you can pass on. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Data Service Not Available on LG G3 when data is turned on

Thank you very much for your suggestions which I did try. I reset the network settings which did help some by allowing me onto the Internet but I still had to add the APN information for the Fido network to allow me to send picture text messages. The following link was extremely helpful to set up my APN http://www.thecellguide.com/lgnodata.php The only concern was that the instuctions to add the APN said to leave many of the information lines blank which did not work so I reset the network again and added the APN information which is outlined in the above link and left all the remaining information as is and it worked great after I did that. Thanks again and I hope this helps anyone else that is moving their cell provider to Fido and supplying their own cell phone.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 16
I'm a Contributor Level 1 BigFella1959
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Re: Data Service Not Available on LG G3 when data is turned on

More information to collect those Brownie points with my wife. What more can I ask for from a Fido Community Forum.:smileylol: I will try the suggestion in the article you mentioned. This location scanning issue is all that I have left to deal with on my wife's LG G3 so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks again for all your help. You have been very helpful and easy to talk to and all your suggestions have been right on point. I know that you have signed up for all that you do to help others but I am sure that you are not told often enough how much that information means to someone that does not have the know how that you have such as myself. It is a selfless thing that you do and you should be commended for it. Thanks again and have a great day. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 16