Data Plan / Unlimited Social Networking and IM for BB

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello, im thinking of getting an unlocked blackberry since you guys dont have a wide range of the smartphone. Anyway by doing some reading on your website i have a unterstandin that one cannot have a data plan + the unlimited social networking add on. Why is that? Also if i decide to get the unlimited social networking for BB plan how much is it going to cost me when i surf the net??

Thank you for your romt reply!

Accepted Solution

Re: Data Plan / Unlimited Social Networking and IM for BB

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 3 Trixie86

Hello!

The reason both a social networking option and data plan is not required is because you only need one or the other, not both. If you take a data plan (some amount of MB/GB) you have full access all of the web, including the websites that the social networking option would allow you to (facebook, twitter, etc. etc. etc. etc.!!!!!) Because the social networking option is $10 as opposed to a data plan with MB that may cost more, you can only access the specific sites within the option (facebook, myspace, twitter, etc). The SN option costs less because you have access to the specifc websites only.

If you take the $10 SN option and want to browse websites outside the package, you wont be able to. So you could get a data plan... Or you could access the internet by simply buying a Data Day Pass (24 hour validity) for $2 that gives you 20MB or a Week Pass is $7 for up to 125MB. You would have to see how regularily you would be purchasing these; if you start buying a day pass every other day ro so, you would be paying more than if you just had a regular data option ($25). 500MB is a lot on a Blackberry so with that amount you would could use the internet freely! Try it out and even pay for your first month with your Fido Dollars, that way you can test how much you would normally use and make a decison from there!

Smiley

I hope that helps!

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hello!

The reason both a social networking option and data plan is not required is because you only need one or the other, not both. If you take a data plan (some amount of MB/GB) you have full access all of the web, including the websites that the social networking option would allow you to (facebook, twitter, etc. etc. etc. etc.!!!!!) Because the social networking option is $10 as opposed to a data plan with MB that may cost more, you can only access the specific sites within the option (facebook, myspace, twitter, etc). The SN option costs less because you have access to the specifc websites only.

If you take the $10 SN option and want to browse websites outside the package, you wont be able to. So you could get a data plan... Or you could access the internet by simply buying a Data Day Pass (24 hour validity) for $2 that gives you 20MB or a Week Pass is $7 for up to 125MB. You would have to see how regularily you would be purchasing these; if you start buying a day pass every other day ro so, you would be paying more than if you just had a regular data option ($25). 500MB is a lot on a Blackberry so with that amount you would could use the internet freely! Try it out and even pay for your first month with your Fido Dollars, that way you can test how much you would normally use and make a decison from there!

Smiley

I hope that helps!

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Fido ou d’une société de son groupe.