Data Bytes not working

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 Nolanono
I'm a Participant Level 1

Data Bytes not working

I’ve used Data Btyes before, but none this week, and I have enough sessions left, but it now tells me “please connect to the Fido network to use data bytes”. I’ve restarted my phone and the app, disconnected from any wifi, and disconnected and reconnected my data, yet nothing.

Accepted Solution

Re: Data Bytes not working

Hey there @Nolanono!

Welcome to the community. Smiley

When is the last time you used the Data Bytes? Did you change plans since then? You need to be on a Pulse plan to have access to the Data Bytes.

Also, which device are you using? If you are using an iPhone, make sure it is running on iOS 8.2 or later, as for Android it has to run on the software version 4.2 and above.

If you comply to all these criterias and still have trouble activating a Data Bytes session, reach out to us here so we can take a closer look.

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
I'm a Participant Level 1 mahtabchahal

Hi there,

I've never used the 5 hours of data with my pulse plan before and am attempting to use them currently. However, I keep recieving a erorr message (screenshot included). As you can see I am not connected to Wifi and am on the LTE network and have tried restarting my phone as well as many other solutions I've seen online; but nothing has worked.

IMG_0122.jpg

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
Former Moderator FidoGabrielle
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey there @Nolanono!

Welcome to the community. Smiley

When is the last time you used the Data Bytes? Did you change plans since then? You need to be on a Pulse plan to have access to the Data Bytes.

Also, which device are you using? If you are using an iPhone, make sure it is running on iOS 8.2 or later, as for Android it has to run on the software version 4.2 and above.

If you comply to all these criterias and still have trouble activating a Data Bytes session, reach out to us here so we can take a closer look.

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7

Hey there @mahtabchahal,

Welcome to the community!

I've taken the liberty to move your message as I found a similar thread. Let us know how it goes Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7

Hey @mahtabchahal and @Nolanono,

Are you still getting the same error? If it working now, it'd really help the Community to know what helped get it running again!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
I'm a Participant Level 1 DaveCollins

Hello, 

I am getting an identical message.

I uninstalled/reinstalled the Fido app and restarted my phone, but I still get the error.

Thanks,

Dave

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Moderator (inactive) FidoThomas
Moderator (inactive)

Hi @DaveCollins,

Welcome to the Community!

Hmm, you've done the first troubleshooting steps, let's take a closer look at this together.

I'll send you a PM and we'll continue over there Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7