DEPLORABLE AND DISAPPOINTING CUSTOMER CARE

Jlaw
I'm a Participant Level 2

Firstly, let me start by saying that I have been a loyal Fido customer for 20 years. Even though other companies emerged with lower rates I proudly remained as I believed that the Fido netword was better than most. I have suffered and endured overbilling and declining service over the years and received far less for my money than most, yet still I remained. Today was the final straw! After a humiliating and excrutiating call with representatives Bruno and subsequently Kayla I have reached my breaking point and will now cancel both of my phone lines! For 108 minutes, I discussed at length the fact that Fido had locked my LG G3 - a phone that I personally purchased and originally brought to Fido unlocked in February 2016. When I inserted my Fido sim card the phone automatically locked unbeknownst to me. When speaking with Kayla, who was rude and condescending and unhelpful, she insisted over and over again that an unlocking fee must be paid. I explained that I did not buy my phone through Fido and brought it with me unlocked therefore I should not be paying a fee. I am basically being held hostage. This back and forth went on and on and I advised Kayla that if Fido was not willing to unwilling to unlock my phone (which should not have been locked in the first place) I would be cancelling not one but both of my phone lines. Kayla would not budge, refused to allow my husband and I to speak with a manager and said that there was nothing she could do as the policy is to charge an unlocking fee. We continued to press and challange Kayla to reconsider and waive the unfair fee and she refused. I reiterated that I would be taking our business elsewhere. This phone call with the Fido representatives was the very worst call I have ever experienced with customer service reps.

1 REPLY 1
FidoClaudia

Hey @Jlaw,

Welcome to the Community!

First off, a big thank you for sticking with us for so long! This is certainly not how we want you to feel after all this time!

We'd love to look into this with you and see how we can help Smiley

I'll send you a PM shortly to get started. Talk to you soon.