DATA LIMIT sms

DATA LIMIT sms

DATA LIMIT sms

SOLVED
Shahneel
I'm a Participant Level 1

DATA LIMIT sms

I got a new FIDO service and as soon as I set up the device I received an sms that my data limit of 100MB has been exhausted even though I connected the device right away to my wifi and disconnected the cellular data. Moreover, my online account on Fido's website says that I haven't used any data then should I worry about going over the limit. Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: DATA LIMIT sms

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@Shahneel wrote:

I got a new FIDO service and as soon as I set up the device I received an sms that my data limit of 100MB has been exhausted even though I connected the device right away to my wifi and disconnected the cellular data. Moreover, my online account on Fido's website says that I haven't used any data then should I worry about going over the limit. Thank you.

***Edited to add Labels***

Hello Shahneel,

Welcome to the forums!

I trust @FidoKenny was able to provide an answer for you. However, I thought I'd respond for those not privy to the related PMs. If by 'as soon as I set up the device', you mean the day you activated the account, then it's likely you received the text because of proration. Your billing cycle starts the day after the account is set-up. On the day your account is activated, you only have access to one day's worth of services. In your case, that would be 100Mb divided by 30, or 3.3Mb (see here).

If you checked your online account on the second day and it showed that you hadn't used any data, that would likely be because it was the beginning of your cycle. Also, be aware that there can be a slight delay in updating  usage (data, voice, messaging) information if you're using the My Account app.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Shahneel wrote:

***Edited to add Labels***

Hello Shahneel,

Welcome to the forums!

I trust @FidoKenny was able to provide an answer for you. However, I thought I'd respond for those not privy to the related PMs. If by 'as soon as I set up the device', you mean the day you activated the account, then it's likely you received the text because of proration. Your billing cycle starts the day after the account is set-up. On the day your account is activated, you only have access to one day's worth of services. In your case, that would be 100Mb divided by 30, or 3.3Mb (see here).

If you checked your online account on the second day and it showed that you hadn't used any data, that would likely be because it was the beginning of your cycle. Also, be aware that there can be a slight delay in updating  usage (data, voice, messaging) information if you're using the My Account app.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Awesome news everyone! You will have the complete usage for that cycle if decide to activate a new line. No more prorata on the usage but the prorata on the monthly fees will still apply. Very_Happy

FidoKenny

Hey @Shahneel and welcome to the Community Smiley

Let's take a quick look at your usage together.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.