DATA LIMIT First day prorata

SOLVED
Brian1980
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi, I was excited to have my 1st Fido Sim and signed up for a $55 plan w/1GB data.

I've used the data for viber for about 15mins. with a 30 second video conferencing.

Late this afternoon I received an sms telling me that I have reached 75% of monthly limit...

Really? A 15 mins viber use is already 750MB data?

So I started to check my DATA/Message usage report page was not loading...

Any help or explanation on the situation?

Accepted Solution

Re: DATA LIMIT

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMatt

Hi Brian, 

The Data available on your first day is 1/30 of your data bucket. The full data bucket is normally available on the second day your phone is active since your billing cycle starts on the second day. 

To be certain, you can check your usage in the My Account section on Fido.ca and you should also be able to check the data usage per app in your phone in the network settings. 

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
Brian1980

Great! Thanks Matt & Rachel!

Always happy to help!

- Mathieu

Awesome news everyone! You will have the complete usage for that cycle if decide to activate a new line. No more prorata on the usage but the prorata on the monthly fees will still apply. Very_Happy

Brian1980

Thanks Rachel. I understand that this was prorated. Im sorry but i couldn't comprehend your answers particularly on the 2 statements:

"isnt part of your billing cycle" - the data that i have consumed at this point is not yet counted?

"you have data available for 1 day instead of 30". - does this mean I have used 75% of 1gb credits for a 15mins viber for half day?

I am aware of the GB=MB part. Thank you.

Hi Brian, 

The Data available on your first day is 1/30 of your data bucket. The full data bucket is normally available on the second day your phone is active since your billing cycle starts on the second day. 

To be certain, you can check your usage in the My Account section on Fido.ca and you should also be able to check the data usage per app in your phone in the network settings. 

FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Hey Brian1980, welcome to the community! 

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first day you're using the phone right? If so, your data is prorated. Your plan includes 1 GB for 30 days. The day you activate the plan counts as 1 day of service, and isn't part of your billing cycle. For that reason, you have data available for 1 day instead of 30.

1 GB = 1024 MB

1024 Mb / 30 days =  34.14 MB of data for the day.

Hope it answers your question!

If you have any questions specifically related to your account, don't hesitate to message us on Facebook or Twitter