Customer Service Number down

Kun1
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi there,

I have been trying to call the customer service number since yesterday and it seems to be not down. ihave tried *28 from my phone and 611 as well but non of these numbers seems to be working. Please advise.

66 REPLIES 66
Kun1

At long last I connected with Customer Service in PEI her name was EILEEN Amazaing woman, so expert and she did everything to get me the 10 GB Plan. She was so affable and straight to the point. I can not thank you enough EILEEN. You have genuinely made my Christmas and New Year. By and by Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiley

dimdee
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello. I'm also interested in the 10GB for $60 deal. I've been trying to contact customer service all day. Seems pretty popular!

Danny5

I've gotten the deal two days ago but fido wouldn't pick up. Just go to another network and open a temp line with this plan. Than after a few days when fido isn't too busy pay the rest of your account balance on fido and port your fido number to the temp line you opened with another carrier. 

TTW

Given the surge in interest and call volumes, Fido could have saved everyone a lot of time if:

1. They clearly state who is eligible /not eligible for the promotion (sounds like some people paying 65$/month are ineligible )

2. Make the plan selectable online so we could select it ourselves 

3. Honour the requests made via this forum or any other communication form that was active, since live chat and phones were down. 

4. Create contingency plans for surge capacity in the future. The existing customer service platform does not have the capacity to handle this volume; next time consider of some of the suggestions above! 😊

karui

Has anyone who replied to the PM and completed the form from @FidoStephane actually heard anything back/further yet?

TTW

@karui @FidoStephane 

nope.  i messaged, FidoStephane responded with instructions very quickly to fill out a social media check form, which I filled out promptly.  No further instructions.  

I understand that likely they are overwhelmed with messages, but if community relations is what they are trying to build, maybe posting something on the forum saying "hey guys, I'm trying to get through all the messages, please give me time" would be nice.  

The interesting thing was how the phones were shut down well ahead of time, and they just said they were closed.  So I eventually went to a Fido store. And they put me on a list, and said they'd get it sorted in the next 48h. I'm still waiting to hear from them, as well.  So, i'm in holding pattern, waiting for the store, and waiting to see if the reps here can sort this out.

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

Hey guys, Our Community Experts were flooded with a high amount of requests in a short peroid of time, They are trying to get through all the messages as quick as possible, please give them some time. In the mean time if you have any non-account related questions, feel free to ask one of our MVP's

cstiaa
I'm a Participant Level 2

I am also interested in getting the plan, can someone please assist? 

Egmonster

Same for me. Long time Fido customer. Pretty disheartened. I have tried for days to get through to anyone to get this plan. No success at all. The phone line won’t even connect. Online support won’t work. Facebook page has stopped responding. And the Twitter feed is under siege. 

I really would like this plan. But I just can’t get through. 

grantola

I have been trying to switch my plan to the $60, 10GB promo for the past couple of days. I am hoping to get a PM to have this sorted out, or at least an acknowledgement that the deal will be honoured if not processed today.

611 has failed on me in a number of different ways, including,

- getting disconnected

- getting connected, only to hear "due to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to take your call", and then being disconnected

- getting connected, only to hear "our offices are currently closed" at 3:30PM PST, even though they claim to be open until 9:00PM

- getting offered a call back from the automated system over 8 hours ago, and still not receiving a call

I also tried going to a store, only to be told that they could only "upgrade" me to this deal if I currently pay less than $60/month (I currently pay $65... Speechless )

I tried fb messenger nearly 24hrs ago, and still haven't received a response.

I tried to change my plan through self service, but of course the promo is not one of the available options...

Oh, and I tried live chat and.. you guessed it, that's down.

Pau2

OMG, been calling Fido since yesterday, never experience this crowd before. i set up my Husbands account with them, and he wanted to use same number, but fido is sending us a new sim with new phone number. it's not an emergency, I can deal with it after this crowd, but I don't want to get charge for it.

philipb

I want to switch my 2 lines to the 10gb promo. Can not get a hold of anyone through all avenues.  If I can't get an answer from FIDO very soon then I'm going to have to spend my last hours of this promo window in line at Bell or Telus. Come on FIDO make the save.....

mrschristie

Like everyone else I have been trying to get through to try to get the holiday deal. This seems to be the only way to get any help, which seems a little ridiculous. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.  

And to the few customer service reps that are working, I hope you have a good Christmas when all this is over! 

allanho8

Hi, I have also been trying to call in to switch to this plan since 8am MST this morning...please contact if possible...

Can i get a PM for this also? Can't seem to switch plans online OR calling... i might even have to switch to Bell/Telus after 8 years haha...

@aa123rfaet3, it's taking a while, but don't worry, we'll get back to you eventually Smiley

@083063@Samycgy: PMs on the way! 

Lindab123

@FidoStephane hi, can I also get this deal or have a response from someone regarding changing my plan to the 10gb for $60 promo? I been calling since yesterday and haven’t got through (it just gives a busy signal or hangs up!) 😭😭😭 please PM me!! I would appreciate it as well! 

zookalicious

Hi me and a friend have been trying to call in the past few days as well. The line is now just completely closed last couple times I have called (doesn't even put me on hold. Just says "no calls at this time".

Even live chat is down now too.

Looking to switch our plans to the 60$ / 10GB plans.

Bunland

@FidoStephane Me too please! I have been trying with no luck. 

@FidoStephanemuch appreciated. thank you! Smiley