Customer Retention

Customer Retention

Customer Retention

SOLVED
cahk
I'm a Participant Level 3

Customer Retention

I have been a customer with Fido for almost 11 years now, and am looking to potentially renewing my contract with Fido. However, I got the most confusing answer possible from 611 just now. I preface my post by saying I do not need a new device, not now any way.

I asked if I can renew my agreement? No. We can only renew your agreement if you buy a device with us. No device = month to month option. And oh ... the price for my continuing loyalty? Double of what I am paying now.  I hope your staff realize no one in their right mind would continue using your service by asking them to pay double than what they are paying now.

This is the 2nd time I run into issues with renewing my contract, and last time I had to esclate the matter all the way to the Office of the President. I was assured I can call her if I run into any future problems, but I would prefer not to have to do the run around again. I have no expectation that Fido will match a competitor's plan with exact offer. However, this is extremely off-putting as I feel I am essentially told to go elsewhere without as much as even tried to retain me as a customer.

Accepted Solution

Re: Customer Retention

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 2

If you don't need a new device, there's no point in renewing your agreement. If you don't do anything, your service will continue with the same plan you have: same price, same amount of minutes and data. Being "month-to-month" means you can change plan or cancel your service at any time - there's no "penalty" to pay since you're not on contract anymore.

That said, should you want a new device, you can renew your contract at the exact same terms you already have - it's called "grandfathering a plan". The CSR was mistaken or didn't understand your request.

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
snehey
I'm a Participant Level 1

OH MY GOD YES!!!

I was just on the phone with them and I got the most confusing reply to a question ever. 
The point of my call was to get a better plan: i'm paying $60.00 for what is currently being marketed for $50.00.. I wanted to switch
Instead:
The lady told me my plan was dead in the water (duh.. I've had it for so long.. and that was the point of calling)
That the $50 plan was only available as a BYOP feature (which I had to remind her, I have)
When I asked about anything cheaper than my current plan, she said doesn't exist (even though we just finished talking about the $50 plan)
Then she rambled on about the only offer she has for me is a $70 loyalty plan (which consists of what I already have).. 
Who in their right mind would be $10 more than what I pay, or $20 more than what the plan is currently going for?
I then asked for client retention and she said it doesn't exist? What?
I hung up way more confused than I needed to be.. I didn't even change my plan from 60-50 like I originally planned on doing... unless of course..... that was their plan all along!

FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @snehey

This is definitely not the kind of experience we want our customers to have. I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at your account and check out some details together. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

If you do not need a new device then you can keep your existing plan and just stay month to month if your contract expired.

cahk
I'm a Participant Level 3

The CSR said my plan is no longer offered, and the cost to retain the exact same features will go up by double of what I am paying for now.

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

If you don't need a new device, there's no point in renewing your agreement. If you don't do anything, your service will continue with the same plan you have: same price, same amount of minutes and data. Being "month-to-month" means you can change plan or cancel your service at any time - there's no "penalty" to pay since you're not on contract anymore.

That said, should you want a new device, you can renew your contract at the exact same terms you already have - it's called "grandfathering a plan". The CSR was mistaken or didn't understand your request.

FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Hey @cahk, @zyx &KAPABLE-K are right. 

If you're done your agreement and you're not looking for a new phone you can keep what you have, no problem. Automatically your plan becomes month-to-month, you don't need to change it. The only thing to keep in mind is that monthly discounts (if any) all have an expiry date. Once they expire they can't be added back, other than that everything stays the same.