Cubot x16 Compatible on Fido Canada? Looking to switch.

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

SOLVED
Chanel
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi, I am looking to buy the Cubot x16 obviously from China. ( http://www.cubotmall.com/cubot-x16-android-5-1-mt6735a-64bit-quad-core.html ) Here's a referrence link, just incase.  I was hoping that it was compatible in British Columbia Canada, especially Abbotsford, Surrey, and Vancouver.  Also, if I'm lucky enough, up to the Sunshine Coast.

Also, if is is compatible, is it compatible enough to work well in those areas? Thank you in advance.

edit* Sorry, last question.  Can I possibly use this on prepaid plans? Will I have access to LTE?

Kayla

Accepted Solution

Re: Cubot x16 Compatible on Fido Canada? Looking to switch.

Solved by Moderator

Hey Chanel and welcome to the Community.

You can find all our network settings to use your unlocked device with Fido here.

Also, prepaid services are not compatible with LTE.

Hope this helps Smiley 

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Chanel wrote:

Hi, I am looking to buy the Cubot x16 obviously from China. ( http://www.cubotmall.com/cubot-x16-android-5-1-mt6735a-64bit-quad-core.html ) Here's a referrence link, just incase.  I was hoping that it was compatible in British Columbia Canada, especially Abbotsford, Surrey, and Vancouver.  Also, if I'm lucky enough, up to the Sunshine Coast.

Also, if is is compatible, is it compatible enough to work well in those areas? Thank you in advance.

edit* Sorry, last question.  Can I possibly use this on prepaid plans? Will I have access to LTE?

Kayla

Hello Kayla,

Welcome to the forums!

Judging by the specifications listed on that site, that phone would have both of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G. On the other hand, that phone would not have any of the compatible bands/frequencies for '3G'.

With regards to LTE, that phone would only have one compatible band/frequency, band 7 (2600MHz). You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. While the phone would work on the LTE network, coverage might be limited and depend on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoKenny

Hey Chanel and welcome to the Community.

You can find all our network settings to use your unlocked device with Fido here.

Also, prepaid services are not compatible with LTE.

Hope this helps Smiley