Credit card updated on fido.ca failed to refill talk time

winniethefido
I'm a Contributor Level 1

It happens two times that Fido failed to refill after I updated my credit card on Fido.ca 

I lost the money stored in my prepaid card.  

I verified that my credit card is good and even tried manually refill to ensure the card is good.

I have filed a complains to Fido and looking to get the money / talk time back on my card.  Few months I didn't use the card it has close to $50 inside.

Hard to believe that Fido.ca and their back end system has a desync!!!

7 REPLIES 7
FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Hi winniethefido! 

I'm sorry to read this. Does the name on the credit card match the name on the account? If it doesn't the refill won't go through. 

Let  me know! 

winniethefido

If name doesn't match on the profile, how I could refill manually on fido.ca with just one click to submit and refill with no issues!!!

I just emailed today 29th June again as the same thing happens one more time.  Overall, it's 3rd or 4th time from short history I can remember in recent year. You can charge $0.75 911 fee on the same day but failed to refill it. 

Once again, I have around $30 airtime and now it's all zero amount.

My credit card is in good standing even with over $100 overpay.  

I will gladly verify the situation with you. 

I will send you a PM shortly to take a look at what happened there.

winniethefido

After rest assure to me the credit card linking problem resolved, same thing happens again.  My mum, as a senior tried to use the phone while on the street get this zero balance surprise "just" one more time.

How frustrated.  The rest assure have no guaranteed.  I don't know what else to say.  

Hey winniethefido! 

I've replied to your PM Smiley We'll look into this with you!

winniethefido

Guess what everyone,  just another surprise for another month.  Fido failed to refill the talk time with my credit card again.  OK. Needless to say just one more time,  I uses my credit card almost on daily basis. No issue with that and now airtime balance back to zero.

Emailed to Fido management to ask if they prefer I switch to different carrier or they're going to look into this.   Seems no solutions here even though they so-called themselves fido "solutions".  

Good morning winniethefido!

Could you confirm if your name on the credit card is the exact same thing as the one on your Fido account. 

I get that you can refill your account using the credit card, but for the automatic-refill the information should be the same on both the credit card AND the Fido account. 

Keep me updated:)