Crazy extra charges for texting in US - but there is no way to verify the actual numbers!

Crazy extra charges for texting in US - but there is no way to verify the actual numbers!

jeg
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

I was just charged almost 100$ extra on my bill for 99 text messages I (apparently) made in the US, but there is no way to verify the numbers? I am just expected to pay extra without being able to check my bill? I was visiting the person I actually text with the most, so I'm not even sure what/ who these numbers are.  So, FIDO can just charge whatever they want, and the customer has to pay and not ask questions?  Anyone else had problems verifying texts? How is this legal??! This isn't really a question of "protecting" anyone's privacy - well maybe FIDO's.

3 REPLIES 3
Fidocares12
Fido Employee

Hi
The texting sounds like it was billed at the pay per use rate of 0.75 per each one that is out going. You could have purchased a travel pack and would have helped with the cost or covered your text for as little as 20 dollars even using your Fido dollars. If you were to call cx care they could locate the numbers these were sent to

Hey everyone, I just wanted to add that Fido Roam is now available! Check out the details here.

FidoPierre

Hey @jeg

That definitely doesn't sound right! The roaming usage is recorded by the SIM card and then transferred to us from our partners in the U.S. 

I'll send you a PM so we can get to the bottom of this together. Smiley