Cracked LGG3 screen

Cracked LGG3 screen

Cracked LGG3 screen

SOLVED
mandyrosedick
I'm a Participant Level 1

Cracked LGG3 screen

Hi there!

I bought my lg g3 May 31st, 2015 through Best Buy (on a contract). I accidentally dropped my phone last night and the screen cracked (and I mean, REALLY cracked-all the way across). I can't use my phone at all and am wondering what I can do to resolve this issue? I was hoping to either just get it repaired (it should still be under warranty) or potentially upgrade to an lg g4 if it isn't too expensive to do so. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks,

-Mandy

Accepted Solution

Re: Cracked LGG3 screen

Solved by MVP MVP

Hi @mandyrosedick sorry to hear that your phone got broken.

Warranty will not cover the damage because it is consider physical damage. If you bought the device protection then you can get it fixed under that but i'm sure there is a deductible you will also have to pay. If not you will have to get the phone repair and pay for it out of pocket.

About the upgrade in order to do that you will need to buy out your current contract in order to upgrade for another phone to see what is owed on the remainder of the contract login to MY Account click on the number you want to upgrade scroll all the way down to the bottom under My Device you will see Upgrade Today Fee.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
tammie9689
I'm a Participant Level 1

I bought my LG3 phone from Fido 3 days ago and the phone got knocked on the floor and the screen cracked. I do not have an extended warrentee but my receipt from Fido says to keep my receipt for hardware exchange  within 15 days of purchase. The receipt states that there must be original components and packaging. Can I exchange the phone?

Hey @tammie9689, check out KAPABLE-K's answer in this thread.

Hope this helps!

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hi @mandyrosedick sorry to hear that your phone got broken.

Warranty will not cover the damage because it is consider physical damage. If you bought the device protection then you can get it fixed under that but i'm sure there is a deductible you will also have to pay. If not you will have to get the phone repair and pay for it out of pocket.

About the upgrade in order to do that you will need to buy out your current contract in order to upgrade for another phone to see what is owed on the remainder of the contract login to MY Account click on the number you want to upgrade scroll all the way down to the bottom under My Device you will see Upgrade Today Fee.