Cracked Acer Liquid Screen

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Cracked Acer Liquid Screen

I got my acer liquid three months ago. The other night I placed my purse on the floor at a restaurant and when I took it out the screen was cracked. I don't mean a small gouge, I mean it looks like a spider web now. It still works absolutely perfectly. I can use it, it's just a big jacked along the crack lines.

Can I buy just a replacement screen? I have been told Fido won't fix it because the damage to the screen is too extensive. I am NOT buying an entirely new phone when this one works perfectly save the screen. I'm looking for replacement screens and not having luck. Please advise?

Accepted Solution

Re: Cracked Acer Liquid Screen

Fido will not fix it because they no longer service phones in-house, however, they can give you a contact number and address of a place that is authorized to service it. You can also take it to any unauthorized place to service it as well, however, they may use aftermarket third party parts and your warranty may not apply after that.
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2
Solution

Fido will not fix it because they no longer service phones in-house, however, they can give you a contact number and address of a place that is authorized to service it. You can also take it to any unauthorized place to service it as well, however, they may use aftermarket third party parts and your warranty may not apply after that.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

try search google with these key words : repair acer liquid e

or try : http://secure3.tx.acer.com/findsystem/FindSystem.aspx?title=Contact+Support&brand=Acer

Good luck Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

Boy, do I know what it feels like to try to fix your Acer or what! I had mine for 10 days and then on October 31st  it fell on the floor. Happy Haloween! Neither Acer nor Fido could offer any help unless it was on waranty. Since it was my own fault I had to fix it at my own cost which was OK with me. But to find a place where you can fix your Acer, now that is a very different story. I live in Ottawa and a few places I called told me we don't touch Acers and HTC Desires with 10 feet pole. Apparantly there is something very complicated in the replacement procedure related to a very specific adhesive tape that conducts electricity. If you live in Vancouver you might be in luck cause I found a cell shop over there that fixes cracked LCDs for Acers. I ended up buying a new LCD on ebay for $150 plus paid $60 for the labor when I was in Vancouver last month. If you have to ship it then add exra $30 or so. For that amount of money you might get lucky and buy a brand new Acer on ebay. I saw earlier some were sold for around $250 or so. It's a great cell phone till it breaks and you need to fix it. Good luck with it wkh.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4