Constant dropping of calls and distorted signals in Brantford Ontario area

I'm a Participant Level 3 awesome_grampa
I'm a Participant Level 3

Constant dropping of calls and distorted signals in Brantford Ontario area

Our family has 3 Fido phones purchased in August 2013. From the start it has been a nightmare of constant dropped calls and distorted signals while using them anywhere in Brantford. Once we're out of the city things are fine with all 3 phones. All phones are different makes and models so that is not the problem. even went as far as putting my Fido sim card in my old unlocked Blackberry Curve and the problem is still there. Obviously then the fault is in the local Fido system. I called Fido tech support in mid september to report the problem and was told they were having technical issues that would be fixed in a day or two. They obviously weren't.  I need a reliable cell phone service. I spent several years with Rogers and had next to no issues with dropped calls or poor signals. I was even able to make calls inside the local Wal-Mart which is a metal fortress that most carriers signals can't get through. I figured with Fido and Rogers being divisions of the same company things would be the same, but so far the Fido service has been horrendous. Can anything be done to improve the service in the Brantford Ontario area?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Fido Employee sheedy17
Fido Employee

Re: Constant dropping of calls and distorted signals in Brantford Ontario area

If you had no issues with Rogers , and you are in the same city, it shouldnt effect your Fido service, since they use the same towers....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 awesome_grampa
I'm a Participant Level 3

Re: Constant dropping of calls and distorted signals in Brantford Ontario area

All I know is it's been constant failed calls and distorted signals on 4 different phones.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3