Constant Calls

Constant Calls

Constant Calls

SOLVED
BNyenhuis
I'm a Participant Level 1

Constant Calls

For the past couple of months I've been getting a call from 1-888-288-2106 saying something is wrong with my Fido bill even though I paid it on time, if not early. (Though one time I paid a bill twice but the payment went to the next bill)

I even blocked the number and they leave the same message on my voicemail! I did some research and apparently it's your Accounts Receivable Department. Can you ask them to stop calling me or at least look into it because I'm feeling harassed and frustrated with these almost daily calls and I even called to get my account checked, to which I found there was no issue. Several times I felt tempted to report this to the police.

Accepted Solution

Re: Constant Calls

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello BNyenhuis,

Welcome to the community!

While the number does belong to Fido's Credit Operations team (see here), it's possible that scammers are using that number as a caller ID spoof for their own calls in order to seem legitimate (see here).

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done to prevent getting calls from spoofed numbers. The networks cannot block them because they are legitimate numbers.

Personally, I would contact Fido's Credit Operations just to re-verify your account is in good standing. There's a good chance they won't have any record of calling your number. Further evidence that the number is being spoofed.

@FidoSolutions: If an account is past due, does Credit Operations call using that number? Or do they send letter?...

**edit** A word of advice: If anyone receives a call claiming to be from Fido, a credit card company, your bank, etc, don't provide or verify any information with them. Simply tell them that you will contact them yourself directly. Additionally, don't use any contact information they may provide. Search for the phone numbers, email, etc yourself.**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey Guys!

Account holders receive a notification when their account enters collection activity.

Communication methods include, but are not limited to:

Email

Letter

Outbound call (dialer)

Interactive Email

SMS 

Web Alerts (Internet customers only)

Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello BNyenhuis,

Welcome to the community!

While the number does belong to Fido's Credit Operations team (see here), it's possible that scammers are using that number as a caller ID spoof for their own calls in order to seem legitimate (see here).

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done to prevent getting calls from spoofed numbers. The networks cannot block them because they are legitimate numbers.

Personally, I would contact Fido's Credit Operations just to re-verify your account is in good standing. There's a good chance they won't have any record of calling your number. Further evidence that the number is being spoofed.

@FidoSolutions: If an account is past due, does Credit Operations call using that number? Or do they send letter?...

**edit** A word of advice: If anyone receives a call claiming to be from Fido, a credit card company, your bank, etc, don't provide or verify any information with them. Simply tell them that you will contact them yourself directly. Additionally, don't use any contact information they may provide. Search for the phone numbers, email, etc yourself.**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers