Considering Upgrading iPhone

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Considering Upgrading iPhone

I'm debating upgrading my iPhone 4s to the new iPhone 5s. I'm currently not under contract, nor do I wish to be.

What I am wondering is if I can trade in my old phone to Fido for the rebate, buy a non subsidized iPhone 5s (at least once more stock is available), using the rebate money, my Fido dollars and cash and then have the new phone unlocked?

Accepted Solution

Re: Considering Upgrading iPhone

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it  Smiley

You can get all details on FidoTrade here, both new lines and upgrades are compatible with this Fido Advantage.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Your best bet is to sell your 4S privately on craigslist or kijiji or something, then buy the 5S directly from Apple (it will already be unlocked) or from Fido using your fido dollars and cash (it will be locked to fido). You could then pay the unlocking fee but that wouldn't be necessary unless you want to use another SIM card when traveling.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

I do travel a fair bit (just got back from southeast Asia) which is why I like to have an unlocked iPhone. I assume it would cost me $50 to have the phone unlocked if I buy from Fido, but on the other hand I have almost 300 Fido Dollars, just sitting around so thats why I was thinking of going that route.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee
Solution

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it  Smiley

You can get all details on FidoTrade here, both new lines and upgrades are compatible with this Fido Advantage.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4