Considering Iphone vs other smart options

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 danztheman
I'm a Participant Level 2

Considering Iphone vs other smart options

I've been a Fido customer for over 10 years and haven't had major issues.

Now at contract renewal time, I'm trying to figure out what my best options for a smart phone are. Fido offers an Iphone or BB package for $57 with the standard 500MB data plan. They have given an unlimited evening and weekend call plan with 200 daytime min, plus more texting than I will ever use.

Other carriers (Virgin Mobile, Bell, and Solo) have slightly cheaper and equivalent packages with same term contracts that include some other bonus perks also. However, I'll probably have to pay for the phone.

I've got about $150 Fido dollars to use up. If I switch carriers, I lose my Fido $.

Any good suggests on what direction to take?

danztheman

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Re: Considering Iphone vs other smart options

use your fido $$$ to reduce the full price of the handset and buy the handset...if you dont need a contract then dont take one...at least 1 new iphone will come out this year...keep in mind everytime iphone launches...it the same old story...supply versus demand....

Option  1:  use fido $$ to reduce price of handset and buy w/o contract.  I believe fido will also unlock your handset since you paid full upfront...of course fido will charge their unlcoking fee..i believe it's 50$.  Some places do for cheaper.  End result no contract...your're free to go anywhere you want....

Option 2 : take a contract....the phone will be subsidized since you took a contract and you can use your fido $$$ to reduce the handset even more.  End result....you're stuck in a contract for 2-3 years....

Me ...personally...I have been a fido customer for 6+ years....I am very well aware of what their network is able to do and not do. I also understand that no network is 100 % reliable and I always set my expectation low for their customer service..that way I never feel disaapointed. I think I have called cusotmer service 3 times in the last 6+ years.  I avoid customer service like the plague unless my fido.ca online account can not answer my questions.

Good Luck !

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Re: Considering Iphone vs other smart options

you might want to check out these sites :

gsmarena.com

mobilesyrup.com

mobilecanada.com

boygeniusreport.com

smartphones are coming out by the bunches and 2011 will defintely be a good year....next up dual core cpu smartphones & tablets....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3