Confusing wording on the "Update on Fido Programs" page

SOLVED
robertb
I'm a Contributor Level 2

the text on the Update on Fido Programs page is confusing.

It states: "If, on April 6, 2016, you subscribe to a plan on a monthly basis only..." That would mean that if you take the action of subscribing to a plan on that specific day, not the day after or before. I'm assuming that this is not what fido intended. My question is, do they mean you subsribe to a plan before april 6 or if you subscribe to a plan after april 6? Or maybe if you are already subscribed on april 6? I would guess that these rules don't not apply solely to customers who subscribe on april 6.

The text on that page is very poorly written.

The other confusing statements are that in some cases you can redeem your fido dollars until july 6, 2016, and in other cases until july 6, 2018.

None of the four "if" scenarios that fido describes clearly apply to someone who has been a fido customer earning fido dollars for over six years and does not want to change anything.

Until when would that customer have to redeem their fido dollars, 2016 or 2018?

***Edited to add Labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Confusing wording on the "Update on Fido Programs" page

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRachel

Hey @robertb, so sorry for the confusion! 

If, on April 6, 2016, you are subscribed to a plan on a monthly basis only, you’ll no longer earn FidoDOLLARS as of that date.

If you currently have a plan that does not earn FidoDOLLARS but still have an accumulated balance, you can redeem them until July 6, 2016.

If on April 6, you are subscribed to a plan on a contract, you'll keep accumulating FidoDOLLARS until the end of your term and have until July 6 2018 to redeem them.

Hope it answers your question! 

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Hey @robertb, so sorry for the confusion! 

If, on April 6, 2016, you are subscribed to a plan on a monthly basis only, you’ll no longer earn FidoDOLLARS as of that date.

If you currently have a plan that does not earn FidoDOLLARS but still have an accumulated balance, you can redeem them until July 6, 2016.

If on April 6, you are subscribed to a plan on a contract, you'll keep accumulating FidoDOLLARS until the end of your term and have until July 6 2018 to redeem them.

Hope it answers your question! 

robertb
I'm a Contributor Level 2

thanks for the reply, Rachel. Your wording is more clear that what was on the page I referenced above. There is just one small detail missing from your first "if" scenario which happens to be my case; i am currently subscribed and will most likely still be subscribed on a monthly basis when april 6 rolls around. Until when can I redeem my fido dollars? I'm guessing that I will have until july 6 2016 but i just want to verify.

You're welcome! 

If you don't have a contract (and don't sign a new one before April 6), you have until July 6 2016 to redeem your FidoDOLLARS.

You'll also stop earning FidoDOLLARS as of April 6 2016.