Confused about Pulse Plans

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 gun
I'm a Participant Level 2

Confused about Pulse Plans

I'm on a grandfather plan where I have ANYTIME MINUTES...which means unlimited airtime.

So looking at the new Pulse Plan ($55 with 2 gb data) in Vancouver seems rather tempting. But looking at the features I'm confused by the terminology.

It lists in "Features":

- Canada-wide minutes

- Unlimited evenings & weekends from 5 pm(7)

Does this equate to UNLIMITED AIRTIME + CANADA LONG DISTANCE being included in this plan? If it is, why does it have "unlimited evening & weekends after 5pm?" I had asked a Fido agent in Chat, but she wrote that it must be a typo?!!! Certainly a big telecom like Fido would not make such an error?

I'm just being cautious of the jargon used by telecom companies now, incase I get dinged at the end for wrong assumptions. Grateful if anyone can clarify this! Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Confused about Pulse Plans

Hey @gun

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

The term Anytime Minutes refers to time frames that do not fall under ``evenings and weekends``, usually refering to weekday, daytime minutes. If your plan included unlimited airtime you would see ``Unlmited minutes`` or ``Unlimited Canada-wide minutes`` 

However the fact that you have Canada-wide minutes means that you would not be charged any Canadian long distance for your calls. 

I hope this helps clarify things a little. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Solution

Hey @gun

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

The term Anytime Minutes refers to time frames that do not fall under ``evenings and weekends``, usually refering to weekday, daytime minutes. If your plan included unlimited airtime you would see ``Unlmited minutes`` or ``Unlimited Canada-wide minutes`` 

However the fact that you have Canada-wide minutes means that you would not be charged any Canadian long distance for your calls. 

I hope this helps clarify things a little. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
I'm a Participant Level 2 gun
I'm a Participant Level 2

so we are on the same page. ... Canada wide minutes includes airtime as well?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Moderator (inactive) FidoThomas
Moderator (inactive)

I would like to clarify the information Smiley

When you have Canada-wide minutes, that means that you will not be charged for long distance calls made to any Canadian number. Airtime may apply if you go over your monthly minutes allotment.

When you have Unlimited Canada-wide minutes, that means that you will not be charged for  long distance calls made to any Canadian number nor will you be charged for airtime.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
I'm a Participant Level 1 farsi
I'm a Participant Level 1

:Smiley:

thx very much for taking the time to reply n clarify! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5