Confused about Prepaid...and using Prepaid in Iceland

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

SOLVED
kghia
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi everyone. 

Sorry if this has been asked. I tried to do a search and couldn’t find anything. 

I was maintaining my personal number (I have another phone number that work pays for, so I rarely use my personal number) with the $100/year prepaid balance refill, and I have about $250 balance as of today which expires March 26, 2018. I just read about the $150 new balance cap...if I have no option to refill it on March 26 does that mean I lose EVERYTHING? What are my options? 

Going forward, does this also mean I have to somehow switch to a monthly prepaid plan? AFAIK I am still only getting charged by the minute. 

Lastly I went in today to get a new SIM card to use with a newer phone, and asked the Fido rep in store whether I can use my prepaid phone overseas while I’m in Iceland. It would be meant as an emergency cell, and for if guesthouses/tour operators need to get a hold of us. He said I can’t use my prepaid in Iceland. I tried to research this on the site and get in touch with a rep without success and it’s still unclear whether prepaid will work there. Under prepaid plans I see a tab for long distance and roaming... does that not include taking your phone abroad to use (for calls only)??

thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Confused about Prepaid...and using Prepaid in Iceland

Solved by Moderator

Hey @kghia and thanks for reaching out Smiley

You won't lose your balance after March 26. The cap of $150 will only start in December 2018.

Also, since you are now on the Prepaid by the minute plan, you will be migrated to  the $10.75 per month plan

You can also use your phone in Iceland. 

You will be charged pay per use. 

It's $2.50 / minute and 75¢ / message

Hope this helps.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoKenny

Hey @kghia and thanks for reaching out Smiley

You won't lose your balance after March 26. The cap of $150 will only start in December 2018.

Also, since you are now on the Prepaid by the minute plan, you will be migrated to  the $10.75 per month plan

You can also use your phone in Iceland. 

You will be charged pay per use. 

It's $2.50 / minute and 75¢ / message

Hope this helps.

kghia
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks @FidoKenny for this and the FB response. I’ve followed up with some questions over there too Smiley