Confirmed: Fido does NOT honour reservations.

I'm a Contributor Level 2 yogurtlover
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Confirmed: Fido does NOT honour reservations.

After asking a CSR for some details on my iPhone 6 Plus reservation, I was told something that we all suspected and witnessed. It's just been confirmed by one of their reps: the phones they receive from Apple do NOT go 100% towards reservations first. Here's what a Fido rep told me over chat:

The stock we receive really depends on Apple. Once we receive them, we spread units across all our stores in Canada, while keeping a certain number aside for reservations.

There you have it. We all put down $40 for a CHANCE to receive it before those who didn't reserve. We are NOT priority. Loyalty does not matter.

Accepted Solution

Re: Confirmed: Fido does NOT honour reservations.

There are indeed stocks reserved exclusively for reservations and others available for purchase directly in store without reservation. There's also some stores that don't participate in the reservation program.

The 2nd question in the FAQ on Fido.ca should help understand the process better.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 22
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2
Solution

There are indeed stocks reserved exclusively for reservations and others available for purchase directly in store without reservation. There's also some stores that don't participate in the reservation program.

The 2nd question in the FAQ on Fido.ca should help understand the process better.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 22
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

A company should always first allocate to pre-orders and then sell whatever is left is stores. if you don't that is plain BS what you are telling us. a friend of mine just called and confirmed he had Fido ship a 6+ when my pre order is just still open like so many people here. never will i ever use your reservation, futureshop/best buy are more loyal to fido customers than you guys will ever be
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 22
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

I don't understand what is there to confirm? Why would you assume that all phones that fido gets go to reservation? Do people even read what it says when they reserve?

''Making a reservation means you won’t have to make repeat calls to inquire about availability. Should you locate your phone of choice through one of our other channels prior to your reservation arriving, please cancel your online reservation at your earliest convenience.''

What it means is that you won't have to go from store to store and find which one just received some iPhone 6 before solding out... What do you mean by what fido is doing is BS? Every reservation works this way, apple had pre orders too,  yet you can still get it at the apple store if you get lucky by asking as soon they get new stocks.

Some people are legit spending their days running from fido store to fido store asking for iPhone 6, if they manage to get one, good for them. It was never hidden from you that the store have some iPhones for reservations only and some for first to come first to get option.

If you think that waiting in line is bad, try to run around the city to find a store that still has iPhone 6 in stocks for non-reservations, then I will understand your frustration.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 22
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Where does it say you will get the phone in 14 days?

And why don't you just go to future shop and get the phone?

Nobody forced you to reserve the phone, if you want to stay in line up to get the phone, you are welcome to. We provide a reservation system which gives you 100% chance to get the phone, might be longer but at least you don't have to run around to find one...

I don't see how the reservation system is different from apple or any other carrier.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 22
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

Freddy, calm down. Deep breaths, and think this over.

You already know Fido is owned by Rogers, and I guess you heard the news Apple's iphone 6 is in high demand and limited supply. So let me ask you WHY you reserved from Fido in the first place?

I won't claim to know how much you are willing to spend on your iphone. but other people are getting their iphone 6 before you because they are either willing to spend premuim money on their MAX plans or willing to take vacations days off to hop store to store to find the lucky one that still has the phone in stock.

You can go to best buy or futureshop, but be prepared to sign a 2 year contract for a MAX plan.

You can go to Apple store, but I heard they don't process Fidodollars.

Instead you choose to make a $40 deposit to the lowest tier wireless company and wait for avaliable stock.

I think the only type to people who choose this route are those who want to keep their grandfather plans while getting an iphone. Fido makes the less money out of these people, so guess what priorites these people are in?

Fido also recommands you to drop your reservation and go out to get your Fido iphone through different channels, that way they can bump you to a $80/500MB min MAX plan for 2 years.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 22
MVP
MVP

@Freddy1980 wrote:

''Making a reservation means you won’t have to make repeat calls to inquire about availability

Read this, where they say we will try to get the phone to preorders within 14 days after launch. FU your company and mommy rogers.

Do you know to count days after launch fido employee?

Hello,

I understand the frustration people are having with not getting their new shiny iPhones 6s in a timely manner. If I were waiting for one, I would be pretty frustrated as well.

Part of the problem is that people do not realise what the 'reservations' or 'pre-orders' actually are. They are formal intent to purchase notices to the companies to give them an idea of the demand for a product so they can make orders more appropriately. They are NOT guarranteed purchases. They are NOT even actual orders. Yes, they take deposits... but that is to prevent people from making false intent to purchase claims which would skew demand. That said, if you did reserve a phone, they will 'honour' your reservation as you will be guarranteed to get an iPhone 6/6+... eventually.

They never said that reservations sales would take precedent over non-reservation sales. That notion was an assumption on your part. In fact, as mentioned previously, the website clearly states:

'Reserving a phone through the Fido Reservation System does not guarantee you a phone at launch. We will be dedicating inventory towards our Reservation System orders and our goal is to get your phone to you as soon as possible. However, we will also be shipping phones to stores that are not participating in the Reservation System program.'

-taken from: https://www.fido.ca/web/Fido.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=GCT_Support&template=phonewarranty&sub_tem...

So instead of belittling Fido employees for a false assumption you made, why not just go somewhere else to pick one up? Or else, just wait patiently for yours to arrive.

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 22
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Just to let everyone know, when you guys reserved the phone there was a we will try to get you the phone within 14 days disclaimer. now it is gone, now i see where you guys are coming from. if you guys still think fido did a great job with preorders so be it. i am 100% satisfied with my $35/6gb $30 combo but what they did with pre orders is plain wrong, selling stock at stores when so many are waiting is just wrong..well
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 22
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

Glad you have calmed down Freddy, no need to go against your wallet when you already have the best wireless plan in the country. Fido will do anything to get you off this plan, remember that! Loyality doesn't mean anything when your monthly savings is costing them money every month because your plan is so great compared to current offerings!

Let me part with another valuable advice. Please see Fido for what it truly is. a MOBILE SERVICE COMPANY. Not a PHONE SELLING COMPANY. The phone is there to sell you a mobile service plan. If you already have a great plan at a great price and great reception why bother with stuff that is irrevelent to mobile service?

Stick your phone selection to phone companies, and wireless plans to wireless companies and you will do fine.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 22
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

@Wufai

Just to let you know, i am not new to retail, i work in management for a company which sells 25 Billion a year in retail in canada. when you google this number you will likely end up with one retail giant and it is very easy to predict. we deal with apple as well and we all know its apple's rules when it comes to iphone stocks. But all i am trying to say is Fido did not handle this well, if they couldnt get stock from apple which i know 100% how it works they should have left the pre-order game and just let Rogers play it. i know how hard it to find iphone^ even in the giant companies which sell iphones...but Fido should have skipped the game instead of holding $40 from customers for pre -order. like i said, am not gonna die cos the phone is late but how fido played loyal customers is just totally wrong. trust me, i know how apple inventory works and who gets it first, hence the beef. cheers.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 22
I'm a Participant Level 2 VincentP
I'm a Participant Level 2

Did you just ask him why he reserved with fido?

You do realize that shows how bad your reservation system is?

Let me aware you people of something; because you claim we should have known fido wasn't prioritizing their loyal customers who reserved, does not mean it's good practice.

Having a reservation system in place means this; you take a number, and as we get our iphones, we give it to the people who RESERVED first. Not half of it to stores. What's the point of reserving if you're not in priority?

If I had known, I would have went somewhere else for my phone. I had trust in fido's customer service, I was a satisfied customer for a long time ( 8 years and counting ).

But seeing this- and especially your replies, makes me sick. I am strongly considering switching carriers now.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 22
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

First let me say that I'm not affilicated with Fido in any way.

Having said that, VincentP please do switch carriers, and here is my reasoning. I hope you can understand why after my post.

Fido doesn't care how bad their reservation system nor their lack of iphone is. Fido wants you to switch carriers, perferability to Rogers, where there is no lack of iphone6 avaliable. Also by saying you are a long time customer.... Fido REALLY wants you to switch, especially if you are those loyal customers still holding to a $60 / 6GB plan.

Fido is only in business today becuase there are still canadians who cannot afford a $80 minimum for a wireless package, and to claim that market share without diluting the Rogers branding they turn Fido into their 'value brand'.

So went the iphone rolls along and stock is limited you make the hard choice... give priority to the higher paying customers or be 'equal' on a first come first serve base?

I really think Fido is aiming to make your loyal customers upset. That way you can switch carriers and get out of their grandfather plans.

Once you switch carriers, the real fun starts! you mentioned you have been with Fido for 8 years... do you know why? Its becuase your phone works fine for the past 8 years! Now do you know the new carrier you are about to switch to, do it have as good coverage as Fido/Rogers? there MIGHT be just a location you frequent visit doesn't have coverage becuase of a blind spot with the antennas. You won't know until you signed that 2 year contract with the new carrier. So now your dielema is: keep using the new carrier cuase you paid for a 2 year contract with poor reception at certain places or turn tail and swtich back to Roger/Fido which you know has good reception for the past 8 years but now have to pay current prices as a new customer?

Look, I agree with you that Fido reservation system is poor. but don't let switch over something that is not their main point to begin with. Treat Fido as a Wireless carrier and made decisions based on the price and coverage they can provide you and your daily routine. If you want top notch service in reserving iphones I would recommand Apple.ca. I hear they are the best in that field with years of experience and you will be upmost priority if you would just pay the **bleep** full price for the phone.

Some of you might notice I'm always here 'defending' Fido.... The truth is I'm really not. I'm just trying to make some sense to you people who seem be get upset for all the wrong reasons, in my mind, switching carriers becuase of their poor phone reservation system is like not buying that dream car on sale becuase they wont give you floor mats. You guys are playing right in Rogers/Fido's hands by switching away your grandfather plans for other carriers that you know even know their coverage is suitable for your personal use.  

Hope I can talk some sense into your Vincent, but regardless good luck in your wireless future.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 22
I'm a Contributor Level 1 dandd
I'm a Contributor Level 1

It's not only fido.  If you check the Rogers forums there's a form with 1300 + pages for the reservation system that shows that they are also still waiting for reservation.  ALL Providers will be working the same way.  It's the iPhone.  There's going to be some that go to the stores for sale and some for reservation.  Try telling a new potential customer for any provider that they can't have an iPhone because they have to give them to their current customers first.  that will never work as word would get out quickly and would lose ALOT of potential customers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 22
I'm a Participant Level 1 Davidwww
I'm a Participant Level 1

I WILL NEVER EVER RESERVE A PHONE FROM FIDO.

Ordered it on Sept, 12 - and today is Oct, 14 still waiting.......STATUS OPEN...

My frd that use Roger got his phone on Sept, 13 - Iphone 6 plus 128GB.

Next time I will just get it straight from Apple instead.

Seriously Fido really suck

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 22
I'm a Contributor Level 2 yogurtlover
I'm a Contributor Level 2

existing customers are clearly not the priority. remember that.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 22