Circle calling - 90 day wait to upgrade phone

I'm a Participant Level 1 ldh38
I'm a Participant Level 1

Circle calling - 90 day wait to upgrade phone

I recently became a Fido customer.  My partner has been a Fido customer since 2011.  I decided (perhaps hastily) to add him to my circle calling.  He has been eligible for a new phone for quite awhile now and decided yesterday that he would like the free upgrade.  The issue now is that he has to wait 90 days because his number is considered a new one added to my account.  I wish he was told about this prior to transferring his number to my account.  This seems silly since he has been a good customer for 5 years.  Would somebody kindly explain why Fido has this policy?  Thank you very much.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Re: Circle calling - 90 day wait to upgrade phone

Good morning @Idh38!

Is there any reason your line was not activated to his account instead? Since he's been with us for a few years now, that would have been the best solution. He could have kept his years of service with us and you could  still benefit from circle calling and even a 10% discount for 2nd line activation. 

He's not the owner of the line anymore, you are (new account). That's part of why we can't process an order for you within the first 90 days of service. 

Let me know if you have any other question. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2