Circle Calling

Circle Calling

Circle Calling

SOLVED
Crockett
I'm a Participant Level 3

Circle Calling

I seem to be charged airtime for calling between my wife's and my cell phone.

Doesn't Circle Calling allow you to make calls to, or receive calls from, another telephone number without using up airtime minutes from your bucket as long as the 2 telephone numbers are on the same billing?

If this is not the case, can someone please explain how it works.

Tks,

Crockett

Accepted Solution

Re: Circle Calling

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 3

The following condition needs to apply to ensure Circle Calling is free.

1. All cell phone # must be in the same account.

2. Circle Calling only applies to local calling, to get unlimited canada, BOTH account must have an unlimited Canada wide option.

View solution in context
11 REPLIES 11
LAYAMy
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Thank you so much Crockett. Finaly I got a relaible answer.
So you mean that the minutes of my circle calling are counted during a period but are not charged? That is why my minutes decrease during the period. So, in order to understand that it works or not, I have to exceed my limit and see if I am charged? because already I control the mins not to exceed and neither my bill nor my usage tell me how much circle calling I make.

Hey LAYAMy, 

We sent you a private message so we can go over your account with you. Did you receive it?

-FidoChristina

LAYAMy

Any one have any answer?! I think circle calling of Fido is a myth! just a marketing lie!! they do not know how to manage it because they cannot recognize regular calls from circle calls!!
Crockett
I'm a Participant Level 3

Thanks for the "Like". LAYAMy!

My issue took about four months to finally fix. Turns out one of the phones was missing a SOC. This is like a feature code. Probably missing from the start but it only became an issue when our usage increased so that we started to incur overage charges.
You have to keep at them - they kept trying to tell me I didn't have Circle Calling and even the case they opened came back with that but my price plan descriptions both indicated I did. Eventually you'll get someone with the experience to identify the problem or the willingness to screw their Call Handle Time to help you out. 

On my invoices, outgoing calls to the other phone on my account (my Calling Circle) will show as a normal call but will not bill (charge=0.00). On the receiving end the call will show as "incoming" and show a Rate Code of "IC". There also will be no charge.

Hey LayaMy

CircleCalling™ is still included in all our PulsePlans. 

For CircleCalling to work:

1. All mobile numbers must be active in the same Fido account.

2. CircleCalling only applies to local calling
3- To get Unlimited Canada-Wide calling, BOTH numbers must have an Unlimited Canada-Wide option

I'll send you a PM in just a bit so we can go over the details 😃

Tru
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to update it since I came across it. The circle calling feature give you access to unlimited local airtime with other phone numbers within the same account. But please keep in mind that long-distance charges may apply if the plan minutes are not Canada wide. If the plan’s minutes are Canada wide, Circle Calling is also transformed into Canada Wide calling. So this is why when you look at the description of the Standard plan it is described like Grame mentioned; it’s because the plan already includes Canada wide calling.

Hope it helps!!!

TheRob
I'm a Participant Level 2

Oh. So it's nothing like Rogers MyFive.  Well that's a frickin' waste. Wife is gonna have a conniption when I tell her she can't add her friends and family to her calling circle like she had on her old plan.

*facepalm*

way to let me down, Fido.

LAYAMy

Hi,

I added a number and plan to my account for my husband, but as we talk to each other, our minutes decreas!!  I have tracked our usage and I am sure about it.

Is there anyone here who has a circle and has tracked the usage? Is it OK?

I also have another question, is'nt it supposed to show circle calling mins in our bills or usage? just like evening and weekends mins!

Hey LAYAMy!

I replied to your other message here Smiley

Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

The following condition needs to apply to ensure Circle Calling is free.

1. All cell phone # must be in the same account.

2. Circle Calling only applies to local calling, to get unlimited canada, BOTH account must have an unlimited Canada wide option.

grame
I'm a Participant Level 1

The Fido web site reads "Circle CallingTM -Canada-wide calls between subscribers on the same account". ( see Fido, Shop, Plans - Standard Plan ). This either means that "Local Calling Area" is Canada; or that the two phones under the same account can call one another from anywhere in Canada.