Charged for a new sim card for a loaner phone

MSS11
I'm a Participant Level 3

I just brought in my LG G4 phone for warranty repair as directed by Fido Customer Service.  The phone is well within the warranty.  I was told I can get a loaner phone from the Fido Dealer store that they recommended me to and pay a $50.00 deposit, which is refundable once I bring it back and pick up my repaired phone.  The loaner phone I was given to use was a Sony smartphone.  Unfortunately I was told that the SIM card from my LG G4 was too big for this loaner and that I would have to buy out of my pocket a new, smaller SIM card for $10.00 plus tax.  I have no problem buying a SIM card for MY phone or when I get a new phone, but I should not have to buy one for a phone that is not mine and on loan.  I was told by the Fido dealer that the only way I could get a loaner phone that I could use was to buy a SIM card from them!  I thought this to be strange and silly for the dealer not to have written off SIM cards to put into THEIR loaner phones and it should not be my problem to fork out money out of my pocket.  The Dealer suggested that if I call 611, maybe Fido will give me a credit on my account?  I will believe that when I see it!  Does this situation sound odd or is this standard practice?

7 REPLIES 7
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@MSS11 You definitely should have not been charged for a SIM card for the loner phone they should have given you a phone that would accept your SIM card and if they did not have a phone then they should have changed the SIM for free that was very unethical of that dealer to do that to you it was good that you are letting Fido know what happened here.

A moderator here should be contacting you to look into it and help you further.

MSS11

Thanks very much for getting back so fast!  I didn't think it was right either and of coase my original Sim card is now a thowaway becase the new one replaced it.  The Fido dealer is Skynet Wireless, 15161, Highway 10, Unit E105, Surrey, BC.   The Repair Request #xxxxxx.  The invoice # xxxxxx.

I will be travelling over the next week or so, and it will be easier to communicate this forum during this time, or it can wait until I will be back around Dec 7

***Edited to remove sensitive information***

FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @MSS11

That is definitely odd; I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this situation together. Smiley

MSS11

Thanks Fido Pierre,  i will be travelling over the next while and i pisted my info on Fido communities.  I look forward to discussing details with you

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hi @MSS11!

Thanks for the information! Don't forget to reply to FidoPierre's PM! We'll be able to assist you from there Smiley 

MSS11

Thanks FidoManuel,

I just responded to the PM from FidoPierre

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Awesome, we'll get back to you as soon as we can @MSS11 !