Changing to 2 year plan from BYOP

Service interruption

We sincerely apologize to our customers. Especially during these times, we know connectivity is critical and are working hard to restore services for customers who continue to experience wireless interruptions. Residential wireline internet services are not impacted. We will continue to provide updates. Please follow this thread for updates.

guessmama
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have Fido BYOP plan but my phone recently died so need to get new device. 

Since I was with Fido for many years now and so far, I was satisfied with services provided so I thought it would be good to just get a new 2 year plan with Fido. I know that I can't keep my BYOP and need to pay extra to get Tab Plan. So I called Fido Customer Service to go over my options but service rep was not able to offer what Koodo or other competitors are offering. I've been with Fido for my mobile and internet and I would prefer to stay without switching it to other carrier - Does Fido offer any retention plan if switching from BYOP to 2 Year plan? Any hlep will be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @guessmama

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

We definitely wouldn't want to see you go. We'll be happy to take a look at your account and check out what we have available for you. 

I'll send you a PM so we can discuss this together. Chat soon!

moneyjane
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am also having this problem, and i was told if i upgraded online that there would be no activation fee of $30x2, again, but now it wont let me do the upgrade at all, keeps saying call fido, my new amount owing is not due until december 13 so theres no reason for this. Please help!!! we really like fido and really need new phones. My bfs will not turn on and my screen is very smashed we need help!

Hey there @moneyjane,

Welcome to the community as well!

No worries, we'll be taking a closer look at this together. A PM will be sent shortly, talk to you soon Smiley