Changing phones after contract sign up

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 paulbaran
I'm a Participant Level 3

Changing phones after contract sign up

I renewed my Fido contract a few months and got two LG G5s for a joint account.  The phones are not great, we have screen sensitivity and overheating issues. Fido says the phones can be repaired by my local Fido outlet, but then we're on loaners for as long as it takes to repair them. Not good enough, as I think there's more wrong with the G5 than a simple fix from the repair shop.

So I want to keep my contract and maybe get the Samsung S8. Can someone explain my options?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Changing phones after contract sign up

Hello @paulbaran,

Welcome to the community!

Fido provides a 15-day satisfaction guarantee and a 1 year manufacture warranty.

If you are not satisfied with the phone in the first 15 day you can exchange it for another phone but the talk time must not exceed 30 minutes.

If the phone has a problem you can exchange it in the first 15 days and the 30 min talk time does not apply.

Once you exceed the 15 days then the 1 year manufacture's warranty will fix any problems with the phone.

At this point your only option is to send the phone in for repairs and Fido would provide a loner phone until your phone has been repair. 

You can get more info about Fido's satisfaction guarantee here.

Keep in mind Fido is not the manufacturer of your phone LG is so any faults with the phone should be directed to LG not Fido. Fido will do their best to have your phone sent out for service and provide you with a loner phone if need.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1
Solution

Hello @paulbaran,

Welcome to the community!

Fido provides a 15-day satisfaction guarantee and a 1 year manufacture warranty.

If you are not satisfied with the phone in the first 15 day you can exchange it for another phone but the talk time must not exceed 30 minutes.

If the phone has a problem you can exchange it in the first 15 days and the 30 min talk time does not apply.

Once you exceed the 15 days then the 1 year manufacture's warranty will fix any problems with the phone.

At this point your only option is to send the phone in for repairs and Fido would provide a loner phone until your phone has been repair. 

You can get more info about Fido's satisfaction guarantee here.

Keep in mind Fido is not the manufacturer of your phone LG is so any faults with the phone should be directed to LG not Fido. Fido will do their best to have your phone sent out for service and provide you with a loner phone if need.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
I'm a Participant Level 3 paulbaran
I'm a Participant Level 3

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm stuck with them. My bad for going with the G5.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3