Changing number of rings for voicemail

SOLVED
keyboard
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi

The "4 rings or 20 seconds" is not sufficient for me.....I have Panasonic Phone that can record messages.   Is it possible to have only my home phone record messages ?  In other words , do not use Fido Voice Mail.

Ron

Accepted Solution

Re: Changing number of rings for voicemail

Solved by Community Manager

Hey everyone!

Good news - as of today, it's possible to extend the number of rings to 6 (30 seconds) before a call is forwarded to voicemail.

Note that this is only available to monthly postpaid accounts and Fido Home Phone accounts.

You can send a PM to @FidoSolutions here in the Community or choose another way to Contact Us if you'd like to update your voicemail to 6 rings.

Enjoy Smiley

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
dkc_fido
I'm a Participant Level 1

Works for an undisclosed periods of time only.  I have asked for VM to be deactivated on my FIDO home phone on at least 3 different occasions, and after a period of time it will reset itself on its own, and FIDO VM becomes active.  FIDO support can't explain why this happens, nor can they guarantee it won't activate itself again should they deactivate VM. 

Still seems to an outstanding issue for FIDO and I believe Rogers as well.

Hey dkc_fido!

Welcome to the Community!

I'll need to take a look in your account to see what's going on there. 

I'll send you a PM shortly. 

Hey everyone!

Good news - as of today, it's possible to extend the number of rings to 6 (30 seconds) before a call is forwarded to voicemail.

Note that this is only available to monthly postpaid accounts and Fido Home Phone accounts.

You can send a PM to @FidoSolutions here in the Community or choose another way to Contact Us if you'd like to update your voicemail to 6 rings.

Enjoy Smiley

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi keyboard!

You'd need to have the voicemail included in your plan disabled. I'll go ahead and send you a PM so we can take a look at your account. Smiley

Talk to you soon!

keyboard
I'm a Participant Level 2

Yes !!  Fido has done exactly as you had suggested.......  Disabled VM and now all recorded and saved messages are archived on my Home Phone System. 

This has increased my ring count from 4 to 7 before going to Voice Mail.

Works for me  Happy