Changed phone numbers - can't make calls anymore

JKfido
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have a prepaid mobile account. I've been wanting to change my phone number because I've been getting a lot of spam calls from telemarketers for the previous user of this number. This morning I tried to change my phone number online, and now my phone can no longer make calls. I do not have access to another landline so it is difficult for me to call support at the 1-888 number. Could you please assist me?

10 REPLIES 10
FidoChristina
Former Moderator

Hey @JKfido

Welcome to the community Smiley

Have you turned the phone off and back on again to apply the change?

Are you sure that you have enough balance on your account to be able to have service?

What's happening, exactly? Do you have service bars and can you connect to the network at all? What happens when you try yo make calls?

JKfido
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi Christina,

Thanks for responding so quickly. Yes, I have tried turning it off and on but I cant tell if the change has been applied. The balance in my account is showing up as zero online but before changing the number this morning I had about $12. The service bars are full so doesn't seem to be a connection problem. When I try to make any call, it says unfortunately we cannot complete your call as dialled.

I'll go ahead and send you a PM so we can get this sorted out together JKfido!

Talk to you soon Smiley

JD1333
I'm a Participant Level 3

I have this exact same problem, changed number last night....phone and text no longer work and if i try to access the fido account, or call out or try and access voice mail i get unfortunatley we can't connect your call

i got a text message at 2:51 am telling me my number has been changed, but now can't use my account

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @JD1333 & welcome to the Community!

To figure out what's going on, can you answer the following questions?

1) Do you have a prepaid account or a monthly account?

2) Was your phone rebooted after you changed your number?

3) Was your Fido.ca account username your previous phone number or were you using your e-mail address?

Thanks. Smiley

JD1333

it's a fidoprepaid, used me email and yes the phone was restarted

JD1333

it's the *868 i can't get into 

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@JD1333 thanks for the info! I'll send you a PM shortly to take a look at the account. Smiley

JD1333

Don't worry about it.....bought a virgin sim.

2 hours to find out why my phone number won't thanks for nothing.

this is why you buy unlocked phones outright people!

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@JD1333 I'm so sorry for the delay! Sad I just answered your PM.