Changed phone number and lost my balance and plan

SOLVED
trishdunphy
I'm a Participant Level 2

i, I changed my phone number this morning from an Ontario number to a Newfoundland number, it was successfully changes.  I did it online.  Prepaid account that I just changed to the $45.00 plan  Now there is no plan and the money that was in my account is gone.  Any ideas? I tried calling customer support but the dont deal with prepaid account, which is pretty stupid.

Accepted Solution

Re: Changed phone number and lost my balance and plan

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 2 trishdunphy

Yes and no. After several conversations both online and through phone with Fido support it appears it has nothing to do with the phone number change. Fido uses an extended coverage in the area where the phone is being used. So service is typically not available in this area. When I bought the SIM card and paid for the vouchers in a Fido store I asked if it would work there and was told three times it would. $110.00 later I have nothing to show for it and the money is unrefundable. So now I have to find a new provider, buy a new SIMand get the phone unlocked. All this could have been avoided had the guy at the store done his job on day one. 

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @trishdunphy ,

Welcome to the Community Smiley .

When changing your number , a glitch could have prevented the transfer of the plan and the account balance to the new number. Were you able to have this fixed?

Let me know if it's working now so I can help!

Hey @trishdunphy

Has this been resolved? Let us know!

trishdunphy
I'm a Participant Level 2

Yes and no. After several conversations both online and through phone with Fido support it appears it has nothing to do with the phone number change. Fido uses an extended coverage in the area where the phone is being used. So service is typically not available in this area. When I bought the SIM card and paid for the vouchers in a Fido store I asked if it would work there and was told three times it would. $110.00 later I have nothing to show for it and the money is unrefundable. So now I have to find a new provider, buy a new SIMand get the phone unlocked. All this could have been avoided had the guy at the store done his job on day one. 

Hey @trishdunphy

I'm sorry to hear this happened.

The majority of your talk, text and data usage should occur on our network