Changed Number now my Balance is 0?????

GameboyPocket
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi,

I just changed my phone number on my Prepaid. I noticed after 20 min it still says balance of 0, when i had a balance of 9$ still.

I even tried to press Re-fill and it wont let me. Keeps say opps sorry, something went wrong on almost ever page i click, doesnt show my history or anything. do i have to wait hours for it to take effect? i cant even receive text msgs or make calls now

3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello GameboyPocket,

Welcome to the community!

Were you changing your number because you had moved to a different region outside of your local calling area? The option to change a phone number online for free is only available to postpaid accounts -- unless it's because you moved outside your LCA.

Number change.jpg

Taken from here.

Did you move to a different region (outside your local calling area), then there should have been no charge. However, if you just wanted to change your number or if you moved to an area within your local calling area, it would have been charged. That would likely be the reason your balance had gone to zero. You may also be required to pay additional fees for the number change (total charge $35/change). 

I understand you are also unable to refill your account. It could be due to your account having a negative balance following the number change. On the other hand, it could be the number change could not be completed because of the insufficient funds. In the meantime, you might consider purchasing a voucher to add monies to your account. You might also consider sending a moderator a PM, or contacting Fido via Twitter or Facebook, or contacting Fido via customer service for further details.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

GameboyPocket
I'm a Participant Level 2

it also says its free to change your number......when u do change it.

Another thing on every page i go to it says

Some error occurred. Please try again later.

And i tried called 611 on my phone wont let me do that either

FidoJessica
Former Moderator

Hey @GameboyPocket!

Welcome to the community!

Jessica here Smiley I see! I am going to send you a private message so that we can take a look at this together Smiley