Change prepaid (By the minute) to promo Post -Paid at advertised $20.00/Month.

SOLVED
CAVANNVS
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I have a reasonably large pre-paid balance. (Wife's phone, little usage but always refilled when necessary).

I understand that the prepaid balnce would be transferred to the new  post-paid account and then used to cover the monthly bills.

Question:  Can some of that balance be used to purchase a phone from Fido.  Eg: If acct. balance is $200, use $120 of it to buy say, an LG phone and have the latter charge deducted from the current balance?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Accepted Solution

Re: Change prepaid (By the minute) to promo Post -Paid at advertised $20.00/Month.

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello CAVANNVS,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I do not believe you can use some of your pre-paid balance to purchase a device (see here). The monies in your pre-paid account is for airtime and services and will be transferred to your new post-paid account for the same. Your monthly plan would constitute airtime and services.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello CAVANNVS,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I do not believe you can use some of your pre-paid balance to purchase a device (see here). The monies in your pre-paid account is for airtime and services and will be transferred to your new post-paid account for the same. Your monthly plan would constitute airtime and services.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers