Change caller ID name

Change caller ID name

Change caller ID name

SOLVED
10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

Change caller ID name

Is it possible to change the caller ID name that shows up when I call from my Fido line? My understanding is that Rogers allows this through some website. Is there a similar website for Fido?

Accepted Solution

Re: Change caller ID name

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 1

I haven't seen the option anywhere per say, but when someone comes to the store and wants to change it (for example, a teen who's phone is at his mother's name) we call the CS and they can change the name of the user, which is the name that appears for the Caller ID.

View solution in context
8 REPLIES 8
WickyLeBlond
I'm Qualified Level 1

I haven't seen the option anywhere per say, but when someone comes to the store and wants to change it (for example, a teen who's phone is at his mother's name) we call the CS and they can change the name of the user, which is the name that appears for the Caller ID.

10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

Ok thanks. I was hoping for an option to do it myself.
Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

There is the option to choose the Caller ID name (User Name) at the time of Activation.  Most reps just skip through it and proceed with the activation, however if you get a rep that asks you for it, or you tell him in advance you are putting it under your son or daughters name, they can change the "USER NAME" at time of Activation, instead of having to call it in later via CSR.  But you can always change it later by calling a CSR, they will also be able to tell you of any restrictions in what name it can be.  Don't put sometihng like Bell Sucks, one guy from Hofo did that and there was a big stink about it on Hofo.

oblaP
I'm Experienced Level 1

no technical reason why it couldn't be extended to the user's online controls however it might lead to misuse or fraud, for instance, someone sticking in "TD Bank" and misrepresenting themselves as a bank employee trying to phish personal information.

note:  I think the official term for the user's number is callerID and name is referred to as Call Name or some such thing.  Obviously you can't mess with CallerID unless you have your own pbx or equivalent and even then, there's signaling info which holds true originating number (CLID I think).

Shier
I'm a Participant Level 1

I recently got my bf to join Fido and we decided to put his plan under my account. When the rep at the fido store was helping us, he said that his name would appear as such (typed my bf's name) on the caller ID. When he calls me at work I see my name, but his number. Does anyone know a way to fix this, or would we have to go to the store and get this sorted in person?

lwilson
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I would like to know the answer to the same question. Also some people that call me from the U.S. it says on the phone U.S. and some people it says what city in the U.S. Is it possible my phone can say Canada or U.S.whereever I am.It would also help with any sales marketing as they would not know the persons name to call.

Hi there @Iwilson 

You might see the country/state calling you since the incoming call is International. When a Canadian number calls you, I don't believe you'll see the Province/City the number is from. 

Could you clarify your other question, please? 😃

Is it possible we've already answered it through a similar post above? 

Thanks for letting me know!

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @Shier!

I moved your message since we had a similar post already. As mentioned in this post, only a customer service agent can help you with a name display change. I'll send you a private message now so I can help you out. Smiley