Change account owner to foreign worker

SOLVED
tar613
I'm a Participant Level 3

According to the following post & answer, a foreign passport is not accepted as valid identification when changing account owners.

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/NonTechnical/message-id/26065

My wife is in the country on a work visa until her permanent resident application is approved. She has an Ontario driver's license. I want to list her as our cell phone account's owner. How can I do that if her Hong Kong (everything on it is in English) passport isn't going to work? I have seen the list of "accepted" ID, and she doesn't have any other item listed.

She has already been in Canada for 18 months, and can stay at least until October 2018. We have no contracts on our account, and own all our phones so there are no commitments with Fido.

Accepted Solution

Re: Change account owner to foreign worker

Solved by MVP MVP

If she has a credit card that should be ok.

Edit: you just need one photo ID and the Canadian drivers license will work and a credit card as a second ID.

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@tar613 Do you want to add her on your account or are you looking to transfer the account to her? If you just simply want to add her to your account you just need to call Fido and add her as an authorise user.

tar613

Make her the new owner so she officially makes the payments.

@tar613 Then you can use the Canadian driver's license.

tar613

Yes, that's the good news. But I think a second form of ID will also be requested, and that's what she doesn't have since the passport isn't good enough.

If she has a credit card that should be ok.

Edit: you just need one photo ID and the Canadian drivers license will work and a credit card as a second ID.