Carry over unused Data to next billing cycle

SOLVED
snehans1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hello Fido,

I've alot of friends who uses Fido and have data plans per niche but we all have some unused data towards billing cycle. Why cant you allow to carry over the remaining data towards next billing cycle.

For example  - I have 5Gb for month and I used 2 GB, the remaining 3 will be added towards my next cycle allowing me with 8gb for month. Technically we all pay for those data but if we dont use there should be way to return the unused data to customers. If you have real time data tracking its simple update for your Dev team to come up with algoithm and reflect on billing cycle. I'm sure this will make alot of Cx happy and allow you to capture great market share on Mobility.

Unlike USA mobility you guys dont have plans average 40$ with unlimited data, the high prices are being sheded off to Customer in name of infrastructure investments and upgrades but it would be great to give inreturn to customers for overage price they are paying.

Accepted Solution

Re: Carry over unused Data to next billing cycle

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey @snehans1

Thanks for your suggestion.

We'll make sure to forward it to the right team! 

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @snehans1,

What you are really paying for is to use up to 5gb of data without being charged extra every month. Telecommunication companies here in Canada would not do such a thing as to carry forward data. In the end it's just not profitable for them to do that.

pmak
I'm a Participant Level 1

I would call it completely rip-off, they charge you if you go over the limit but take it away if any data left over at the end of the billing cycle. What kind of business model is it? I would not call it a fair business practice.

Hey @pmak

We're sorry you feel this way.

We offer plans with limited data per billing cycle and if a customer exceeds their data bucket, they would be billed the overage rate of their plan.

To clarify, you can use all your data during a billing cycle with no repercussions. Choosing not to do that remains your choice entirely. 

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @snehans1

Thanks for your suggestion.

We'll make sure to forward it to the right team!